Kate Middleton's 'First Love' Willem Marx Weds Another Brunette Beauty
By Tanya Diente | July 1, 2014 2:18 PM EST
Kate Middleton's "first love" Willem Marx has tied the knot to another striking brunette beauty in the form of Italian TV presenter Johanna Botta., however the Duchess of Cambridge wasn't around to witness the ceremony.
Britain's Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge arrives at Bletchley Park near Milton Keynes in southern England June 18, 2014. The Duchess of Cambridge visited the recently restored site where British codebreakers worked during World War II to decipher encrypted messages sent by the Germans.
Marx and Botta had their wedding in the beautiful Amalfi Coast in Italy with Botta dressed in a glittering organza gown (see photo from express). The ceremony was held in the Catholic Basilica in Castellabate.
Kate Middleton and Willem Marx remained close friends despite their break up, however the Duchess of Cambridge and Prince William was nowhere to be seen during Willem's nuptial. Apparently one member of the church congregation noticed her absence.
"It's a shame Kate couldn't make it," the church member said after describing Willem's wedding as a "joyful occasion."
According to Telegraph, among her friends from her school days, Willem Marx was the only one Kate Middleton invited to witness her wedding to Prince William in Westminster Abbey in 2011.
One of Kates's friends had said "Willem means a lot to Kate," which is probably the reason why he was invited.
Willem's invitation to the royal wedding was referred to by Telegraph to be something of a "hot potato," when he got furious that he was denied of the name of the source who revealed that he had been invited.
Marx had then dismissed the significance of the royal wedding, saying reporters should focus on the important events that actually matters since "God knows, there is enough going on in the world."
Willem and Kate Middleton have remained good friends and they were even pictured together leaving Bouijis nightclub in South Kensington in 2008 (see photo from telegraph).
Willem Marx is an Oxford graduate and journalist. He has worked for the American television channel ABC News. He has also spent time in the war-torn Iraq for the American PR firm, the Lincoln Group.
Before he met his wife Johanna, Marx dated Dare 2 Magazine editor Shirley Leigh Wood Oakes. He has also courted Lancome's brunette model Elettra Rossellini Wiedemann, who happens to be the granddaughter of "Casablanca" star Ingrid Bergman.
Willem Marx now resides in New York with his new wife Johanna Botta.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles