Samsung Galaxy Note 3 International New N9005XXUFNF4 Firmware to Bring Increased Battery Life, Download Booster, Kids Mode, Knox 2.0
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 1:57 PM EST
International variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a new firmware which contains several features found on Galaxy S5 such as Download Booster and Kids Mode. It also carries the 2.0 version of the security implementation of Samsung Knox.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Firmware
Recently, a new firmware has been rolled out to the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy Note 3 which features some exclusive software found on Galaxy S5. Now, a new firmware is rolling out for the international variant of the third generation Galaxy phablet having the identical features such as Download Booster, Kids Mode and Samsung Knox Security Suite 2.0.
The firmware has the build version N9005XXUFNF4 with the size of 185 MB and rolling out in United Kingdom. However, once installed on the Galaxy Note 3 the Kids Mode may not work immediately due to some required files.
This update only brings the installer package of the Kids Mode feature and it means you need to download additional files for its function by selecting the app. It is expected to rollout as well in several territories in the coming days or weeks.
About the New Firmware
Users may download the firmware using the built-in software update service inside the Galaxy Note 3 by going to Settings > General > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates then follow the appropriate steps prompted on the display.
According to XDA forum member st3chn0, the new firmware seems to have more than just features from Galaxy S5.
"Usage: So I've been using the device since the update for some time battery life has seemed to improve slightly, I have very heavy usage I'm gaming all the since I'm fasting lol. They've improve the animations as well. In my opinion I'd actually class this an update that has made a difference to my (for once)," according to member's comment in the site.
Users who gained root access from rooting kits such as Towelroot may lose the administrator privileges after updating the device using this firmware since Samsung Knox 2.0 will unroot the device. Some members at XDA forum have posted their concern regarding the new security implementation.
New Firmware Features
1. Download Booster - Used for downloading large files using both Wi-Fi and LTE connections. It is not applicable for streaming music and videos or 3G mobile data.
2. Kids Mode - Similar to a Parental Control app to secure private data from kids but adds several features designed for kids.
3. Samsung Knox - Security implementation by Samsung against spectators, hacking and security exploits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge: Top Reasons To Upgrade From Galaxy Note 3 Or Galaxy Note 2
- Android 5.0 L November And December Rollout: Android One, Nexus, Google Play, Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4
- iOS 8 Bugs: Minor, Moderate And Serious Issues Why Users Should Not Upgrade Immediately
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Updates: Meet The Leaders of Team Magma and Aqua, Trainer and His Mega Gallade
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Gay And Lesbian Pregnancy Now Available As Alternative To Adoption
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Samsung SM-A500 (aka Wallet-Friendly Galaxy Alpha) Clears TENAA Revealing Images And Specs
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate