Samsung Galaxy Note 3 International New N9005XXUFNF4 Firmware to Bring Increased Battery Life, Download Booster, Kids Mode, Knox 2.0
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 1:57 PM EST
International variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a new firmware which contains several features found on Galaxy S5 such as Download Booster and Kids Mode. It also carries the 2.0 version of the security implementation of Samsung Knox.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Firmware
Recently, a new firmware has been rolled out to the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy Note 3 which features some exclusive software found on Galaxy S5. Now, a new firmware is rolling out for the international variant of the third generation Galaxy phablet having the identical features such as Download Booster, Kids Mode and Samsung Knox Security Suite 2.0.
The firmware has the build version N9005XXUFNF4 with the size of 185 MB and rolling out in United Kingdom. However, once installed on the Galaxy Note 3 the Kids Mode may not work immediately due to some required files.
This update only brings the installer package of the Kids Mode feature and it means you need to download additional files for its function by selecting the app. It is expected to rollout as well in several territories in the coming days or weeks.
About the New Firmware
Users may download the firmware using the built-in software update service inside the Galaxy Note 3 by going to Settings > General > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates then follow the appropriate steps prompted on the display.
According to XDA forum member st3chn0, the new firmware seems to have more than just features from Galaxy S5.
"Usage: So I've been using the device since the update for some time battery life has seemed to improve slightly, I have very heavy usage I'm gaming all the since I'm fasting lol. They've improve the animations as well. In my opinion I'd actually class this an update that has made a difference to my (for once)," according to member's comment in the site.
Users who gained root access from rooting kits such as Towelroot may lose the administrator privileges after updating the device using this firmware since Samsung Knox 2.0 will unroot the device. Some members at XDA forum have posted their concern regarding the new security implementation.
New Firmware Features
1. Download Booster - Used for downloading large files using both Wi-Fi and LTE connections. It is not applicable for streaming music and videos or 3G mobile data.
2. Kids Mode - Similar to a Parental Control app to secure private data from kids but adds several features designed for kids.
3. Samsung Knox - Security implementation by Samsung against spectators, hacking and security exploits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation