Samsung Galaxy Note 3 International New N9005XXUFNF4 Firmware to Bring Increased Battery Life, Download Booster, Kids Mode, Knox 2.0
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 1:57 PM EST
International variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a new firmware which contains several features found on Galaxy S5 such as Download Booster and Kids Mode. It also carries the 2.0 version of the security implementation of Samsung Knox.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Firmware
Recently, a new firmware has been rolled out to the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy Note 3 which features some exclusive software found on Galaxy S5. Now, a new firmware is rolling out for the international variant of the third generation Galaxy phablet having the identical features such as Download Booster, Kids Mode and Samsung Knox Security Suite 2.0.
The firmware has the build version N9005XXUFNF4 with the size of 185 MB and rolling out in United Kingdom. However, once installed on the Galaxy Note 3 the Kids Mode may not work immediately due to some required files.
This update only brings the installer package of the Kids Mode feature and it means you need to download additional files for its function by selecting the app. It is expected to rollout as well in several territories in the coming days or weeks.
About the New Firmware
Users may download the firmware using the built-in software update service inside the Galaxy Note 3 by going to Settings > General > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates then follow the appropriate steps prompted on the display.
According to XDA forum member st3chn0, the new firmware seems to have more than just features from Galaxy S5.
"Usage: So I've been using the device since the update for some time battery life has seemed to improve slightly, I have very heavy usage I'm gaming all the since I'm fasting lol. They've improve the animations as well. In my opinion I'd actually class this an update that has made a difference to my (for once)," according to member's comment in the site.
Users who gained root access from rooting kits such as Towelroot may lose the administrator privileges after updating the device using this firmware since Samsung Knox 2.0 will unroot the device. Some members at XDA forum have posted their concern regarding the new security implementation.
New Firmware Features
1. Download Booster - Used for downloading large files using both Wi-Fi and LTE connections. It is not applicable for streaming music and videos or 3G mobile data.
2. Kids Mode - Similar to a Parental Control app to secure private data from kids but adds several features designed for kids.
3. Samsung Knox - Security implementation by Samsung against spectators, hacking and security exploits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ 1.17 Update May Feature Hydra and Army DLC As New Verified Jobs Emerge
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Better Market Your Uranium Someplace Else, Japan Appetite No Longer Huge as Before – Former PM Tells Australia Queensland Premier Campbell Newman