Samsung Galaxy Note 3 International New N9005XXUFNF4 Firmware to Bring Increased Battery Life, Download Booster, Kids Mode, Knox 2.0
By Ryan Inoyori | July 1, 2014 1:57 PM EST
International variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has a new firmware which contains several features found on Galaxy S5 such as Download Booster and Kids Mode. It also carries the 2.0 version of the security implementation of Samsung Knox.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 New Firmware
Recently, a new firmware has been rolled out to the T-Mobile variant of Galaxy Note 3 which features some exclusive software found on Galaxy S5. Now, a new firmware is rolling out for the international variant of the third generation Galaxy phablet having the identical features such as Download Booster, Kids Mode and Samsung Knox Security Suite 2.0.
The firmware has the build version N9005XXUFNF4 with the size of 185 MB and rolling out in United Kingdom. However, once installed on the Galaxy Note 3 the Kids Mode may not work immediately due to some required files.
This update only brings the installer package of the Kids Mode feature and it means you need to download additional files for its function by selecting the app. It is expected to rollout as well in several territories in the coming days or weeks.
About the New Firmware
Users may download the firmware using the built-in software update service inside the Galaxy Note 3 by going to Settings > General > About Phone > Software Updates > Check for Updates then follow the appropriate steps prompted on the display.
According to XDA forum member st3chn0, the new firmware seems to have more than just features from Galaxy S5.
"Usage: So I've been using the device since the update for some time battery life has seemed to improve slightly, I have very heavy usage I'm gaming all the since I'm fasting lol. They've improve the animations as well. In my opinion I'd actually class this an update that has made a difference to my (for once)," according to member's comment in the site.
Users who gained root access from rooting kits such as Towelroot may lose the administrator privileges after updating the device using this firmware since Samsung Knox 2.0 will unroot the device. Some members at XDA forum have posted their concern regarding the new security implementation.
New Firmware Features
1. Download Booster - Used for downloading large files using both Wi-Fi and LTE connections. It is not applicable for streaming music and videos or 3G mobile data.
2. Kids Mode - Similar to a Parental Control app to secure private data from kids but adds several features designed for kids.
3. Samsung Knox - Security implementation by Samsung against spectators, hacking and security exploits.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools