LG G3 vs. Sony Xperia Z1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 1:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the Sony Xperia Z1, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixel display density compared to the 441 ppi pixel display density on the Sony Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm dimensions and weighs 170 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z1 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has two RAM options. The 2GB RAM comes in the 16 GB variant and the 3 GB RAM comes in the 32 GB variant. The Sony Xperia Z1 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the LG G3 has a slight edge over the Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Sony Xperia Z1 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $759.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95. The Sony Xperia Z1 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire News: Meet Professor Birch Plus X and Y Updates
- Samsung Galaxy S5: Logitech Unveils Protection+ Case Accessory for Android Smartphone
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Battery Issue, How to Resolve and Future Firmware Upgrade
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition: Flemeth, Tallis, the Warden and Champion of Kirkwall Possible Appearances
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People