LG G3 vs. Sony Xperia Z1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 1:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the Sony Xperia Z1, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixel display density compared to the 441 ppi pixel display density on the Sony Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm dimensions and weighs 170 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z1 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has two RAM options. The 2GB RAM comes in the 16 GB variant and the 3 GB RAM comes in the 32 GB variant. The Sony Xperia Z1 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the LG G3 has a slight edge over the Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Sony Xperia Z1 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $759.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95. The Sony Xperia Z1 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports