LG G3 vs. Sony Xperia Z1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 1:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the Sony Xperia Z1, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixel display density compared to the 441 ppi pixel display density on the Sony Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm dimensions and weighs 170 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z1 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has two RAM options. The 2GB RAM comes in the 16 GB variant and the 3 GB RAM comes in the 32 GB variant. The Sony Xperia Z1 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the LG G3 has a slight edge over the Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Sony Xperia Z1 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $759.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95. The Sony Xperia Z1 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
Join the Conversation
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Android M OS Version Spotted At AOSP Before Android 5.0 L's Official Release Date
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha Will Be Available With AT&T From Sept 26, Unlocked Edition Priced At $612.99
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Smartwatches, Chunky Watches, Other Accessories And Tattoos
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?