LG G3 vs. Sony Xperia Z1 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 1:10 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the LG G3 or the Sony Xperia Z1, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The LG G3 comes with a 5.5-inch True HD-IPS + LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
The LG G3 is the clear winner in this category with 534 ppi pixel display density compared to the 441 ppi pixel display density on the Sony Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 comes with 146.3 x 74.6 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 149 grams. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with 144 x 74 x 8.5 mm dimensions and weighs 170 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The LG G3 is equipped with a 2.5 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8975AC Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes in 16 GB and 32 GB internal memory variants, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z1 is equipped with a 2.2 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The LG G3 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has two RAM options. The 2GB RAM comes in the 16 GB variant and the 3 GB RAM comes in the 32 GB variant. The Sony Xperia Z1 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the LG G3 has a slight edge over the Xperia Z1.
The LG G3 sports a 13 MP primary camera with phase detection/laser autofocus, optical image stabilization, dual-LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.1 MP. The Sony Xperia Z1 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The LG G3 comes with a Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 21 hours on 3G. The Sony Xperia Z1 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 15 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The LG G3 16 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $759.95 and the 32 GB 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $799.95. The Sony Xperia Z1 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $499.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘Destiny' Leaks Reveal Redesigned Ships, New Armour, Sparrow Shaders
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown