Sherlock Season 4 Airdate and Spoilers: Martin Freeman Reveals Show’s Possible Return Date and Drops Major Spoiler
By jaskiran kaur | July 1, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Even before "Sherlock" Season 3 ended, fans of the series were anxious about the "Sherlock" Season 4 and show's return date. But fans need not fret anymore as Benedict Cumberbatch's co-star Martin Freeman has revealed the possible return date for the show.
According to the actor the show is "likely" to return for Christmas Special but not until the year 2015.
Actor Martin Freeman, who plays the role of Dr Watson and friend of Sherlock Holmes, spoke to The Telegraph about the filming of the next installment. He revealed that a "period of filming in early 2015 'looks pretty likely.'"
"If that's going to be a special - I'm speaking off-message here; if this was New Labour I'd get fired - I think that might be for next Christmas. A Christmas special. That's what I understand," Martin Freeman told the publication.
The news is both good and bad for fans who need to get through lengthy hiatus yet again before they get to watch their favourite detective show. For those who don't remember, there was a huge interval between "Sherlock" Season 2 and Season 3.
Furthermore, Martin Freeman dropped some major spoilers from "Sherlock" Season 4, while speaking to the publication. [Warning: There are spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.}
Fans have been curious to know if actor's wife Amanda Abbington will return to the show as Mary Morstan (Watson's wife). When she joined the cast in Season 3 it was anticipated that her presence in Watson's life will impact Watson and Sherlock's relationship.
When asked about Mary Mortsan's return, the actor said: "certainly, yes, for the foreseeable future." He even revealed his onscreen wife's future in the series, indicating death for her at some point.
"While we play fast and loose with the original stories, we generally follow the trajectory of what Conan Doyle did," said Martin Freeman.
So he [Watson] gets married, and then Mary dies - so at some point presumably she'll die," discloses the actor.
Meanwhile, fans know that the show's leading actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have busy schedules until 2015. Both the actors will make a return to the last installment of "The Hobbit trilogy: The Battle of Five Armies." Cumberbatch will also be seen portraying mathematician Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game." However, due to star's busy filming schedules there is no official word on "Sherlock" Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2