Sherlock Season 4 Airdate and Spoilers: Martin Freeman Reveals Show’s Possible Return Date and Drops Major Spoiler
By jaskiran kaur | July 1, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Even before "Sherlock" Season 3 ended, fans of the series were anxious about the "Sherlock" Season 4 and show's return date. But fans need not fret anymore as Benedict Cumberbatch's co-star Martin Freeman has revealed the possible return date for the show.
According to the actor the show is "likely" to return for Christmas Special but not until the year 2015.
Actor Martin Freeman, who plays the role of Dr Watson and friend of Sherlock Holmes, spoke to The Telegraph about the filming of the next installment. He revealed that a "period of filming in early 2015 'looks pretty likely.'"
"If that's going to be a special - I'm speaking off-message here; if this was New Labour I'd get fired - I think that might be for next Christmas. A Christmas special. That's what I understand," Martin Freeman told the publication.
The news is both good and bad for fans who need to get through lengthy hiatus yet again before they get to watch their favourite detective show. For those who don't remember, there was a huge interval between "Sherlock" Season 2 and Season 3.
Furthermore, Martin Freeman dropped some major spoilers from "Sherlock" Season 4, while speaking to the publication. [Warning: There are spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.}
Fans have been curious to know if actor's wife Amanda Abbington will return to the show as Mary Morstan (Watson's wife). When she joined the cast in Season 3 it was anticipated that her presence in Watson's life will impact Watson and Sherlock's relationship.
When asked about Mary Mortsan's return, the actor said: "certainly, yes, for the foreseeable future." He even revealed his onscreen wife's future in the series, indicating death for her at some point.
"While we play fast and loose with the original stories, we generally follow the trajectory of what Conan Doyle did," said Martin Freeman.
So he [Watson] gets married, and then Mary dies - so at some point presumably she'll die," discloses the actor.
Meanwhile, fans know that the show's leading actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have busy schedules until 2015. Both the actors will make a return to the last installment of "The Hobbit trilogy: The Battle of Five Armies." Cumberbatch will also be seen portraying mathematician Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game." However, due to star's busy filming schedules there is no official word on "Sherlock" Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Photographed Fighting Before ‘Unbroken’ Sydney Premiere – Report [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS Los Angeles' Season 6 Recap: Episode 9 'Traitor' Aired On Nov. 24, 2014, The Hunt For The ‘NCIS LA’ Mole Is Over [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Thanksgiving Break, SAMCRO Returns In December [VIDEO]
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around