Sherlock Season 4 Airdate and Spoilers: Martin Freeman Reveals Show’s Possible Return Date and Drops Major Spoiler
By jaskiran kaur | July 1, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Even before "Sherlock" Season 3 ended, fans of the series were anxious about the "Sherlock" Season 4 and show's return date. But fans need not fret anymore as Benedict Cumberbatch's co-star Martin Freeman has revealed the possible return date for the show.
According to the actor the show is "likely" to return for Christmas Special but not until the year 2015.
Actor Martin Freeman, who plays the role of Dr Watson and friend of Sherlock Holmes, spoke to The Telegraph about the filming of the next installment. He revealed that a "period of filming in early 2015 'looks pretty likely.'"
"If that's going to be a special - I'm speaking off-message here; if this was New Labour I'd get fired - I think that might be for next Christmas. A Christmas special. That's what I understand," Martin Freeman told the publication.
The news is both good and bad for fans who need to get through lengthy hiatus yet again before they get to watch their favourite detective show. For those who don't remember, there was a huge interval between "Sherlock" Season 2 and Season 3.
Furthermore, Martin Freeman dropped some major spoilers from "Sherlock" Season 4, while speaking to the publication. [Warning: There are spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.}
Fans have been curious to know if actor's wife Amanda Abbington will return to the show as Mary Morstan (Watson's wife). When she joined the cast in Season 3 it was anticipated that her presence in Watson's life will impact Watson and Sherlock's relationship.
When asked about Mary Mortsan's return, the actor said: "certainly, yes, for the foreseeable future." He even revealed his onscreen wife's future in the series, indicating death for her at some point.
"While we play fast and loose with the original stories, we generally follow the trajectory of what Conan Doyle did," said Martin Freeman.
So he [Watson] gets married, and then Mary dies - so at some point presumably she'll die," discloses the actor.
Meanwhile, fans know that the show's leading actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have busy schedules until 2015. Both the actors will make a return to the last installment of "The Hobbit trilogy: The Battle of Five Armies." Cumberbatch will also be seen portraying mathematician Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game." However, due to star's busy filming schedules there is no official word on "Sherlock" Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares