Sherlock Season 4 Airdate and Spoilers: Martin Freeman Reveals Show’s Possible Return Date and Drops Major Spoiler
By jaskiran kaur | July 1, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Even before "Sherlock" Season 3 ended, fans of the series were anxious about the "Sherlock" Season 4 and show's return date. But fans need not fret anymore as Benedict Cumberbatch's co-star Martin Freeman has revealed the possible return date for the show.
According to the actor the show is "likely" to return for Christmas Special but not until the year 2015.
Actor Martin Freeman, who plays the role of Dr Watson and friend of Sherlock Holmes, spoke to The Telegraph about the filming of the next installment. He revealed that a "period of filming in early 2015 'looks pretty likely.'"
"If that's going to be a special - I'm speaking off-message here; if this was New Labour I'd get fired - I think that might be for next Christmas. A Christmas special. That's what I understand," Martin Freeman told the publication.
The news is both good and bad for fans who need to get through lengthy hiatus yet again before they get to watch their favourite detective show. For those who don't remember, there was a huge interval between "Sherlock" Season 2 and Season 3.
Furthermore, Martin Freeman dropped some major spoilers from "Sherlock" Season 4, while speaking to the publication. [Warning: There are spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.}
Fans have been curious to know if actor's wife Amanda Abbington will return to the show as Mary Morstan (Watson's wife). When she joined the cast in Season 3 it was anticipated that her presence in Watson's life will impact Watson and Sherlock's relationship.
When asked about Mary Mortsan's return, the actor said: "certainly, yes, for the foreseeable future." He even revealed his onscreen wife's future in the series, indicating death for her at some point.
"While we play fast and loose with the original stories, we generally follow the trajectory of what Conan Doyle did," said Martin Freeman.
So he [Watson] gets married, and then Mary dies - so at some point presumably she'll die," discloses the actor.
Meanwhile, fans know that the show's leading actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have busy schedules until 2015. Both the actors will make a return to the last installment of "The Hobbit trilogy: The Battle of Five Armies." Cumberbatch will also be seen portraying mathematician Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game." However, due to star's busy filming schedules there is no official word on "Sherlock" Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Nymeria Sand and Arya's Nymeria As Possible Ferocious Forces in New HBO Chapter
- The Bachelor 2014 Update: Nikki Ferrell Sparks Split News Amid Juan Pablo’s Cheating Reports; Find out the Truth
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $499 Comes With 5.5-Inch Quad HD Display, Snapdragon 805 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People