Sherlock Season 4 Airdate and Spoilers: Martin Freeman Reveals Show’s Possible Return Date and Drops Major Spoiler
By jaskiran kaur | July 1, 2014 1:08 PM EST
Even before "Sherlock" Season 3 ended, fans of the series were anxious about the "Sherlock" Season 4 and show's return date. But fans need not fret anymore as Benedict Cumberbatch's co-star Martin Freeman has revealed the possible return date for the show.
According to the actor the show is "likely" to return for Christmas Special but not until the year 2015.
Actor Martin Freeman, who plays the role of Dr Watson and friend of Sherlock Holmes, spoke to The Telegraph about the filming of the next installment. He revealed that a "period of filming in early 2015 'looks pretty likely.'"
"If that's going to be a special - I'm speaking off-message here; if this was New Labour I'd get fired - I think that might be for next Christmas. A Christmas special. That's what I understand," Martin Freeman told the publication.
The news is both good and bad for fans who need to get through lengthy hiatus yet again before they get to watch their favourite detective show. For those who don't remember, there was a huge interval between "Sherlock" Season 2 and Season 3.
Furthermore, Martin Freeman dropped some major spoilers from "Sherlock" Season 4, while speaking to the publication. [Warning: There are spoilers ahead. Read at your own risk.}
Fans have been curious to know if actor's wife Amanda Abbington will return to the show as Mary Morstan (Watson's wife). When she joined the cast in Season 3 it was anticipated that her presence in Watson's life will impact Watson and Sherlock's relationship.
When asked about Mary Mortsan's return, the actor said: "certainly, yes, for the foreseeable future." He even revealed his onscreen wife's future in the series, indicating death for her at some point.
"While we play fast and loose with the original stories, we generally follow the trajectory of what Conan Doyle did," said Martin Freeman.
So he [Watson] gets married, and then Mary dies - so at some point presumably she'll die," discloses the actor.
Meanwhile, fans know that the show's leading actors Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have busy schedules until 2015. Both the actors will make a return to the last installment of "The Hobbit trilogy: The Battle of Five Armies." Cumberbatch will also be seen portraying mathematician Alan Turing in "The Imitation Game." However, due to star's busy filming schedules there is no official word on "Sherlock" Season 4.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- 'The Mentalist' Season 7, Episode 1 Spoilers: The Ending Begins For Patrick Jane And Teresa Lisbon (Synopsis)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports