Stardust Author Neil Gaiman Also Video Game Creator, Revealed Wayward Manor
By Tanya Diente | July 1, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Author Neil Gaiman can now add video game creator to his list of achievements since he has collaborated with The Odd Gentleman for his new ghost adventure video game entitled "Wayward Manor."
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014. Sony joined other sponsors on Sunday to call on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. With its four yearly showpiece event only four days away, soccer's governing body FIFA is on the defensive, conducting an internal investigation into the decisions to hold the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 Cup in Qatar. Both countries have denied any wrongdoing.
Neil Gaiman is famous for his fictions which others have been adapted into movies such as "Coraline" and "Stardust." Now it seems like the author of "Sandman" has ventured into the gaming world with his latest reveal, a PC game entitled "Wayward Manor."
According to Inquisitr, "Wayward Manor" is a product of Neil Gaiman's collaboration with The Odd Gentleman.
The Odd Gentleman is a Los Angeles-based independent video game company that has released games such as the "Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom" and "Slap Happy Sam's Stageshow."
"Wayward Manor" is a puzzle adventure computer game set in the 1920's. Gamespot revealed that players assume the role of a ghost who's trying to reclaim his house from its new occupants, the Budds family.
The Budds are a dysfunctional family of eccentrics and misfits composed of Herkimer and his wife Mildred, children Hubert and twins Patience and Fortitude Budd, and their granddaughter Theopilus Budd. Joining them are Dragmara the maid, Benny "The Bull" Kubelsky and Toombs the butler.
In each level of "Wayward Manor" fans will have to use observation, discovery and puzzle solving to scare the Budds family to earn enough fear points. Players would need to reclaim rooms one by one and eventually take back control of the manor.
According to Inquisitr, Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentleman have been working on the game since last year. In an interview in 2013, the author said he has had the idea of "Wayward Manor" in his head for years, but couldn't work out the best means for the story. Finally, instead of a book, he decided that a game will best suit his idea.
"It felt like something you would have to experience yourself," he said.
"Wayward Manor" was delayed due to some additional puzzles, extra level of polish and maybe some paranormal surprises. Now The Odd Gentleman has finally set a release date for July 15 where the game will be released on Steam for the PC and Mac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- Leaker of Actresses Nude Photos Accepting PayPal Donations in Exchange For Posting Alleged Sex Video of Jennifer Lawrence, Has Naked Pictures of 100 Hollywood A-Listers