Stardust Author Neil Gaiman Also Video Game Creator, Revealed Wayward Manor
By Tanya Diente | July 1, 2014 12:16 PM EST
Author Neil Gaiman can now add video game creator to his list of achievements since he has collaborated with The Odd Gentleman for his new ghost adventure video game entitled "Wayward Manor."
Shoppers browse for video games near a poster advertising a FIFA soccer video game played on Sony Corp's PlayStation 4 console, at an electronics retail store in Tokyo June 10, 2014. Sony joined other sponsors on Sunday to call on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. With its four yearly showpiece event only four days away, soccer's governing body FIFA is on the defensive, conducting an internal investigation into the decisions to hold the 2018 World Cup in Russia and the 2022 Cup in Qatar. Both countries have denied any wrongdoing.
Neil Gaiman is famous for his fictions which others have been adapted into movies such as "Coraline" and "Stardust." Now it seems like the author of "Sandman" has ventured into the gaming world with his latest reveal, a PC game entitled "Wayward Manor."
According to Inquisitr, "Wayward Manor" is a product of Neil Gaiman's collaboration with The Odd Gentleman.
The Odd Gentleman is a Los Angeles-based independent video game company that has released games such as the "Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom" and "Slap Happy Sam's Stageshow."
"Wayward Manor" is a puzzle adventure computer game set in the 1920's. Gamespot revealed that players assume the role of a ghost who's trying to reclaim his house from its new occupants, the Budds family.
The Budds are a dysfunctional family of eccentrics and misfits composed of Herkimer and his wife Mildred, children Hubert and twins Patience and Fortitude Budd, and their granddaughter Theopilus Budd. Joining them are Dragmara the maid, Benny "The Bull" Kubelsky and Toombs the butler.
In each level of "Wayward Manor" fans will have to use observation, discovery and puzzle solving to scare the Budds family to earn enough fear points. Players would need to reclaim rooms one by one and eventually take back control of the manor.
According to Inquisitr, Neil Gaiman and The Odd Gentleman have been working on the game since last year. In an interview in 2013, the author said he has had the idea of "Wayward Manor" in his head for years, but couldn't work out the best means for the story. Finally, instead of a book, he decided that a game will best suit his idea.
"It felt like something you would have to experience yourself," he said.
"Wayward Manor" was delayed due to some additional puzzles, extra level of polish and maybe some paranormal surprises. Now The Odd Gentleman has finally set a release date for July 15 where the game will be released on Steam for the PC and Mac.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date