Sony Xperia Z2 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 12:15 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia Z2 or the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a 424 ppi pixel display density compared to the 441 ppi pixel display density on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. While the pixel density is slightly higher in the S4 Active the Z2 has a LCD screen.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm dimensions and weighs 163 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active comes with 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1 mm dimensions and weighs 153 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia Z2 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is equipped with a 1.9 GHz quad core krait 300 processor and Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z2 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the Xperia Z2 is the clear winner.
The Sony Xperia Z2 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.2 MP. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia Z2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $689.95 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is priced at around AU $449.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft PS Vita,’ PS4 And Xbox One Updates And More On The Microsoft Deal
- 'The Sims 4' Mods: Buff Emotion Changes, Pay Very Low Bills And Enable Advanced Debug For Cheats
- iPhone 6 Plus Sold Out Apple Store Crash Due to Pre-orders: Where to Place Your Orders and the Packages Offered in the US and UK
- Meet 3 New 'Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire' Mega Evolutions And Legendary Rayquaza
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Confirmed With Demo, More Info Revealed
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date