Sony Xperia Z2 vs. Samsung Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | July 1, 2014 12:15 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia Z2 or the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active comes with a 5-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 1080 x 1920 pixels resolution.
Both the devices are about the same in this category. The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a 424 ppi pixel display density compared to the 441 ppi pixel display density on the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active. While the pixel density is slightly higher in the S4 Active the Z2 has a LCD screen.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with 146.8 x 73.3 x 8.2 mm dimensions and weighs 163 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active comes with 139.7 x 71.3 x 9.1 mm dimensions and weighs 153 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia Z2 is equipped with a 2.3 GHz quad core krait 400 processor and Qualcomm MSM8974AB Snapdragon 801 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 128 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is equipped with a 1.9 GHz quad core krait 300 processor and Qualcomm APQ8064T Snapdragon 600 chipset. It comes with 16 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Sony Xperia Z2 runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 3 GB of RAM. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 2 GB of RAM. In terms of the computing power the Xperia Z2 is the clear winner.
The Sony Xperia Z2 sports a 20.7 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2.2 MP. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP.
The Sony Xperia Z2 comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3200 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 19 hours on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia Z2 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $689.95 and the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active is priced at around AU $449.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements