Batman: Arkham Knight’s PS4 Exclusive Brings Scarecrow DLC, Harley Quinn to Get Her Own Story
By Gel Galang | July 1, 2014 12:12 PM EST
"Batman: Arkham Knight may still have the vague "coming in 2015" release date tagged to title, but there are a few new details when it comes to the expansion packs and exclusive content coming for the next-gen consoles.
One of these is the PS4, where a spotted DLC expansion is slated to feature Scarecrow, the touted main villain of "Batman: Arkham Knight"-of course, alongside the titular villain Arkham Knight.
Polygon has spotted a listing on PlayStation, which points to the "Scarecrow Nightmare Pack" which will bring on Scarecrow's biggest weapon-hallucinogenic and nightmares-onto Gotham City to give players a bit of a challenge.
According to the listing, Gotham will be Scarecrow's next victim for his toxin to induce a living nightmare as a setting for "Batman: Arkham Knight." The listing also makes mention of an "undead army" spreading terror, exclusively on the PS4.
This will make using the Batmobile even more of an advantage, as it can become your defensive weapon against falling prey to Scarecrow's toxic hallucinations. Hopefully, Rocksteady will be giving more details for the expansion in the days leading to the release date.
Harley Quinn Also Gets Her Own Story
If that's not enough, then new developments with the Harley Quinn DLC may interest more gamers.
While Harley Quinn was one of the first playable characters to be announced for "Batman: Arkham Knight," it used to tout Harley Quinn's part in the game as part of the four-challenge map pack coming out as a DLC.
But Gameranx reports that the offer has now been changed to "the Harley Quinn Story Pack," alongside a change in the promotional image. As seen in the old and new promotional comparisons in the link above, the first one touts the artwork for Harley Quinn while the latest one appears to be from the gameplay itself.
Moreover, the date has been changed from the earlier "10/14/14" to "2015," signaling that this is the updated preorder offer for "Batman: Arkham Knight." Playing as Harley Quinn won't take away the ability to "utilize her unique weapons, gadgets and abilities," as the wording stays the same.
"Batman: Arkham Knight" is coming to the PS4, Xbox One and PC in early 2015, and it will be the final installment for the Batman Arkham game series from Rocksteady.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown