Batman: Arkham Knight’s PS4 Exclusive Brings Scarecrow DLC, Harley Quinn to Get Her Own Story
By Gel Galang | July 1, 2014 12:12 PM EST
"Batman: Arkham Knight may still have the vague "coming in 2015" release date tagged to title, but there are a few new details when it comes to the expansion packs and exclusive content coming for the next-gen consoles.
One of these is the PS4, where a spotted DLC expansion is slated to feature Scarecrow, the touted main villain of "Batman: Arkham Knight"-of course, alongside the titular villain Arkham Knight.
Polygon has spotted a listing on PlayStation, which points to the "Scarecrow Nightmare Pack" which will bring on Scarecrow's biggest weapon-hallucinogenic and nightmares-onto Gotham City to give players a bit of a challenge.
According to the listing, Gotham will be Scarecrow's next victim for his toxin to induce a living nightmare as a setting for "Batman: Arkham Knight." The listing also makes mention of an "undead army" spreading terror, exclusively on the PS4.
This will make using the Batmobile even more of an advantage, as it can become your defensive weapon against falling prey to Scarecrow's toxic hallucinations. Hopefully, Rocksteady will be giving more details for the expansion in the days leading to the release date.
Harley Quinn Also Gets Her Own Story
If that's not enough, then new developments with the Harley Quinn DLC may interest more gamers.
While Harley Quinn was one of the first playable characters to be announced for "Batman: Arkham Knight," it used to tout Harley Quinn's part in the game as part of the four-challenge map pack coming out as a DLC.
But Gameranx reports that the offer has now been changed to "the Harley Quinn Story Pack," alongside a change in the promotional image. As seen in the old and new promotional comparisons in the link above, the first one touts the artwork for Harley Quinn while the latest one appears to be from the gameplay itself.
Moreover, the date has been changed from the earlier "10/14/14" to "2015," signaling that this is the updated preorder offer for "Batman: Arkham Knight." Playing as Harley Quinn won't take away the ability to "utilize her unique weapons, gadgets and abilities," as the wording stays the same.
"Batman: Arkham Knight" is coming to the PS4, Xbox One and PC in early 2015, and it will be the final installment for the Batman Arkham game series from Rocksteady.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Nokia Lumia 1320 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Update Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 I9205 To Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUDNF2 Firmware
- ‘Super Smash Bros.’ Gets Massive Leak For Character Roster, Game Details And Sleep Mode
- Android L and Windows Phone 8.1: Top Features Why Users Must Upgrade As Soon As Possible
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features