Batman: Arkham Knight’s PS4 Exclusive Brings Scarecrow DLC, Harley Quinn to Get Her Own Story
By Gel Galang | July 1, 2014 12:12 PM EST
"Batman: Arkham Knight may still have the vague "coming in 2015" release date tagged to title, but there are a few new details when it comes to the expansion packs and exclusive content coming for the next-gen consoles.
One of these is the PS4, where a spotted DLC expansion is slated to feature Scarecrow, the touted main villain of "Batman: Arkham Knight"-of course, alongside the titular villain Arkham Knight.
Polygon has spotted a listing on PlayStation, which points to the "Scarecrow Nightmare Pack" which will bring on Scarecrow's biggest weapon-hallucinogenic and nightmares-onto Gotham City to give players a bit of a challenge.
According to the listing, Gotham will be Scarecrow's next victim for his toxin to induce a living nightmare as a setting for "Batman: Arkham Knight." The listing also makes mention of an "undead army" spreading terror, exclusively on the PS4.
This will make using the Batmobile even more of an advantage, as it can become your defensive weapon against falling prey to Scarecrow's toxic hallucinations. Hopefully, Rocksteady will be giving more details for the expansion in the days leading to the release date.
Harley Quinn Also Gets Her Own Story
If that's not enough, then new developments with the Harley Quinn DLC may interest more gamers.
While Harley Quinn was one of the first playable characters to be announced for "Batman: Arkham Knight," it used to tout Harley Quinn's part in the game as part of the four-challenge map pack coming out as a DLC.
But Gameranx reports that the offer has now been changed to "the Harley Quinn Story Pack," alongside a change in the promotional image. As seen in the old and new promotional comparisons in the link above, the first one touts the artwork for Harley Quinn while the latest one appears to be from the gameplay itself.
Moreover, the date has been changed from the earlier "10/14/14" to "2015," signaling that this is the updated preorder offer for "Batman: Arkham Knight." Playing as Harley Quinn won't take away the ability to "utilize her unique weapons, gadgets and abilities," as the wording stays the same.
"Batman: Arkham Knight" is coming to the PS4, Xbox One and PC in early 2015, and it will be the final installment for the Batman Arkham game series from Rocksteady.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- ‘Destiny’ Updates: Devs Talk About Raids and ‘Destiny’ Preorder And Preloading
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display