Samsung New Handsets Lined Up: Galaxy S5 Tizen, Galaxy Mega 2 Reported, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Mega Get Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
By Gel Galang | July 1, 2014 11:12 AM EST
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai
Now the South Korean company may be looking at expanding its experimental Tizen OS into the smartphone scene as a report points to a possible Samsung Galaxy S5 variant that's powered by the Tizen OS not far off.
SamMobile has spotted an Indian import tracking site where three units of what appears to be the "Samsung Galaxy S5 Tizen Test Phone are lined up for testing purposes and received by the Chennai Air Cargo in India.
According to the report, the cost is pegged at $905, though it's safe to assume that this is still a placeholder for the meantime. There's also a jab at Samsung's new Samsung Galaxy Apps Store, which could be in preparation for the Tizen OS for the brand.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 Gets Benchmarked
One of Samsung's bigger handsets is the Samsung Galaxy Mega line, and for the longest time, its follow-up, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 has been rumoured time and again.
As far as the public is concerned, there have been concrete clues that point to the production of the handset. Now GSM Arena has stumbled on a few more clues, particularly one that has specified that, instead of a 6-inch display, the Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 will be getting a 5.9-inch display.
The spec leak on benchmark has also revealed a few more features and specifications, including the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat out of the box, the 720p resolution of the screen, the Qualcomm 410 chipset quad-core CPU at 1.2 GHz (supposedly the 64-bit chipset announced earlier), and a 12-megapixel rear and 4.7-megapixel front camera.
Android 4.4.2 Kitkat Coming to Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Mega
Two of Samsung's handsets, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and the Samsung Galaxy Mega are lined up to get the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. According to Android Community, the devices are following in the footsteps of US Cellular's Samsung Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2, which have recently been upgraded tot eh Android 4.4.2 Kitkat.
The source states that the Android 4.4.2 Kitkat upgrade can be obtained in various ways-as an automatic download via the update notification with the use of a wi-fi connection, manual checking of the updates in the settings section or via the Samsung Kies.
However, the last method is a bit more complicated as it makes use of the USB connection on the devices and a computer.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff