Robert Downey Jr Responds to Son's Arrest, Indio Falconer Downey Charged with Felony Cocaine Possession and Drug Paraphernalia
By Jenalyn Villamarin | July 1, 2014 10:51 AM EST
"Iron Man" star Robert Downey Jr is currently dealing with a personal family matter after his 20-year-old son, Indio, got arrested for felony cocaine possession. The 49-year-old actor gave his response to his Indio's arrest where he offered understanding and support for his son.
According to the E!Online report, the police pulled over the vehicle that Indio Falconer Downer was driving in the West Hollywood area on Sunday, June 29, at approximately 2:20 pm. The authorities claimed that Indio had cocaine and drug paraphernalia in his possession and the actor's son was under the influence of drugs when the deputies made contact with him.
The People report further revealed that the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department, West Hollywood division made the arrest on Indio Falconer Downey after a traffic stop. The police reportedly spotted Indio smoking from a pipe while riding the car as a passenger.
Sgt. Araballo shared that Indio, son of actress and singer Deborah Falconer, was taken to prison but got released shortly at about 12:20 am on Monday, June 30, after posting $10,000 bail. Actor Robert Downey Jr, who has struggled in the past with his drug addiction, gave his statement in response to Indio's arrest.
"Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction and Indio has likely inherited it. Also, there is a lot of family support and understanding, and we're all determined to rally behind him and help him become the man he's capable of being. We're grateful to the Sheriff's department for their intervention, and believe Indio can be another recovery success story instead of a cautionary tale," the actor declared.
Robert Downey Jr has been in and out of jail and rehab in the past as he dealt with his drug addiction. The actor managed to bounce back in the Hollywood scene and in his acting career after succeeding in the completion of his court-ordered treatment program back in 2002.
Indio's arrest has received mixed reactions on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. Some people have commented "Like father like son" while the others defended the Downey family with the belief that Indio can also get through this and recover because his father was able to do it with the love and support that he received from family and friends.
More Articles to Read:
'Iron Man 4' Casting News: Jon Favreau Hopes Robert Downey Jr. Reprises Iron Man Role in Movie Franchise [VIDEO] - [READ]
Avengers 2 Casting News: Andy Serkis Added in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Motion-Capture Actor Teases about Working Closely with Mark Ruffalo - [READ]
Mark Ruffalo: Avengers 2 Star Tease about Marvel Considering Standalone Hulk Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Celebrities Whose Life Changed Because of Sexual Abuse and Molestation
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market