Xbox One Updates: Destiny’s Beta This July, More Halo Possibly Coming and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare’s Expansion
By Gel Galang | July 1, 2014 10:42 AM EST
"Halo" is undoubtedly the franchise that made the Xbox console during its last console iteration. And even though the Xbox One is filled to the brim with a number of "Halo" games and franchises, including the much-anticipated "Halo 5: Guardians," this does not seem to be the last in the lineup of "Halo" franchises.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Reports suggest that a spin-off game from the "Halo" franchise may be in the works, and Microsoft is already hard at work finding talent to work on the project.
VG 24/7 reports that a senior producer is being hunted by 343 Industries and another studio for a project in development. There has been explicit mention of the "Halo" universe in which this project will be in line with.
There are no details for the alleged spin-off project as of the moment, but "Halo 5: Guardians" is not due until 2015, and the Halo journey has just begun on the next-gen console. It's entirely possible that 2015 will bring in more "Halo" games than previously announced.
'Destiny' on the Xbox One and Xbox 360: Upcoming Beta Features
Hot on the heels of the PS4 and PS3, "Destiny's" beta is also coming to the Xbox platforms sometime late July, Xbox Wire recently announced.
The only thing Xbox fans need to do is to preorder the game to take part in the "Destiny" beta. While the report did not give further details on what to expect, there is a mention of the Crucible, a head-to-head multiplayer mode, which may be a mode featured in the beta.
"Destiny" is coming in September 9, but expect more details on the beta for Xbox One and Xbox 360 to come sooner.
'Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare' Gets an Update
Aside from the new world coming to the mobile version of "Plants vs. Zombies 2," Electronic Arts and PopCap Games have not forgotten the currently exclusive to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC title, "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare."
A newly announced free expansion, titled "Tactical Taco Party Pack" has been announced and made available for players, reports GameSpot.
The new expansion will bring in a new map featuring the West and a new mode, called "Vanquish Confirmed." According to the report, there will be an 8v8 mode playlist and two more character variants, Citrus Cactus and Berry Spooter, which is the product of a partnership with Aquafina Flavorsplash.
The PS4 and PS3 will be getting the "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" in a month's time and boasting the 1080p and 60FPS treatment. No news yet of whether this free expansion will also be made available to the PS4 and PS3 version at launch.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates And A ‘Doctor Who’ DLC Coming
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko