Xbox One Updates: Destiny’s Beta This July, More Halo Possibly Coming and Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare’s Expansion
By Gel Galang | July 1, 2014 10:42 AM EST
"Halo" is undoubtedly the franchise that made the Xbox console during its last console iteration. And even though the Xbox One is filled to the brim with a number of "Halo" games and franchises, including the much-anticipated "Halo 5: Guardians," this does not seem to be the last in the lineup of "Halo" franchises.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
Reports suggest that a spin-off game from the "Halo" franchise may be in the works, and Microsoft is already hard at work finding talent to work on the project.
VG 24/7 reports that a senior producer is being hunted by 343 Industries and another studio for a project in development. There has been explicit mention of the "Halo" universe in which this project will be in line with.
There are no details for the alleged spin-off project as of the moment, but "Halo 5: Guardians" is not due until 2015, and the Halo journey has just begun on the next-gen console. It's entirely possible that 2015 will bring in more "Halo" games than previously announced.
'Destiny' on the Xbox One and Xbox 360: Upcoming Beta Features
Hot on the heels of the PS4 and PS3, "Destiny's" beta is also coming to the Xbox platforms sometime late July, Xbox Wire recently announced.
The only thing Xbox fans need to do is to preorder the game to take part in the "Destiny" beta. While the report did not give further details on what to expect, there is a mention of the Crucible, a head-to-head multiplayer mode, which may be a mode featured in the beta.
"Destiny" is coming in September 9, but expect more details on the beta for Xbox One and Xbox 360 to come sooner.
'Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare' Gets an Update
Aside from the new world coming to the mobile version of "Plants vs. Zombies 2," Electronic Arts and PopCap Games have not forgotten the currently exclusive to the Xbox One, Xbox 360 and PC title, "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare."
A newly announced free expansion, titled "Tactical Taco Party Pack" has been announced and made available for players, reports GameSpot.
The new expansion will bring in a new map featuring the West and a new mode, called "Vanquish Confirmed." According to the report, there will be an 8v8 mode playlist and two more character variants, Citrus Cactus and Berry Spooter, which is the product of a partnership with Aquafina Flavorsplash.
The PS4 and PS3 will be getting the "Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare" in a month's time and boasting the 1080p and 60FPS treatment. No news yet of whether this free expansion will also be made available to the PS4 and PS3 version at launch.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Galaxy Note 4: Best Big-Screen Phone, Says Samsung; Analysts Believe Note 4 Unlikely To Beat iPhone 6 Plus [Watch Video]