PS4’s The Last of Us in 60FPS Glory, Portable Monitor Spotted and 6 New Games Out
By Gel Galang | July 1, 2014 10:35 AM EST
After being spotted with a European bundle of PS4, "The Last of Us" now has its developers teasing that a 60 FPS for the game may not be far off or even impossible.
A crowd of people gather near the Sony Playstation booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014.
Teasing players over at Twitter, designer for the game Kurt Margenau has teased playing some "The Last of Us" at 60 FPS and seeing it as a transformative experience.
According to GameSpot, the only sure thing about the resolution of "The Last of Us Remastered" on the PS4 is that it will have a 1080p resolution, though the 60 FPS teasers may transform it into a high-quality game everyone's clamoring for on the PS4.
The launch date is just barely a month away, which still gives the developers a lot of time to prepare and announce their plans for the game.
Portable Monitor Seen for the PS4
Is game time on the PS4 becoming a source of fights in the living room as to who gets to have the TV for the hour? This new portable monitor may be a quick compromise for those trying times.
DualShockers has spotted Liquid Crystal Monitor 4 from manufacturer Hori, touted to be a perfect fit for the PS4 console. The gadget is an attachable monitor, which can be connected via the HDMI cable and plugged to a power supply.
The Hori screen is also portable in the sense that it can be folded into the PS4 in the same way you would close a laptop for easy storage. The portable monitor touts an 11-inch wide screen, 1.2 kg weight, a 1080p resolution and 350cd/m2 maximum brightness.
It currently sells for 32,184 yen or $314, but as of now, no release date for territories outside of Japan has been revealed.
The Drop Brings 6 New Games for PlayStation
For the PS4, gamers can now download "Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition," which will take you to the tradition of Mexican culture and a whole lot of fighting and "Puddle" which is a physics game that will challenge you with a wide range of environments.
"Sniper Elite 3," which is available for the PS4 and PS3, will take you through Germany with the main goal of sabotaging the plans of creating a wonder weapon and crushing the Allied forces, played following your own style and on your own terms.
The PS3 is getting two games, "ConstantC," which involves science, a lab accident, and a lot of challenges to restore the natural order of things; and "Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn" where Gundam fans will enjoy playing with 100 playable Mobile Suits, new story episodes and massive battlefields. The PS Vita will get "Child of Light" as a digital download and as a demo.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air