HealthScope Launches A$2.6 Billion IPO, Largest in Australia Since 2010
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 1, 2014 9:20 AM EST
The second-largest private hospital operator in Australia, HealthScope, said on Monday that it would seek up to $2.6 billion through an initial public offering. It would be the biggest IPO in the country since 2010.
With shares priced between A$1.76 and A$2.29, that would mean HealthScope and its private equity owners would sell to the public 1.12 billion to 1.28 billion shares. After the IPO, TPG Capital and Carlyle Group would still retain a combined stake between 26 per cent and 40 per cent, giving HealthScope a market value of up to A$3.8 billion.
Market experts see the IPO's success because "Given the aging demographics, health care is a sector that many analysts believe is going from strength to strength," Bloomberg quoted Sam Fimis, a private client adviser at Patersons Securities.
Before deciding on an IPO, TPG and Carlyle explored all options on a potential trade sale, disclosed Robert Cooke, managing director of Healthscope.
The IPO will be listed on the ASX on July 28 after a book build to find out the final price for the initial public offering on July 23 and 24. Cooked said that ahead of the IPO, cornerstone investors had committed to purchase A$1.7 billion worth of shares.
In October 2010, rail operator Aurizon Holdings raised A$4.3 billion through an IPO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Malaysian Airlines Ukraine Tragedy Hits Asian Stock Markets
- New Zealand's Largest Snack Food Company Bought for NZ$700 Million
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People