HealthScope Launches A$2.6 Billion IPO, Largest in Australia Since 2010
By Vittorio Hernandez | July 1, 2014 9:20 AM EST
The second-largest private hospital operator in Australia, HealthScope, said on Monday that it would seek up to $2.6 billion through an initial public offering. It would be the biggest IPO in the country since 2010.
With shares priced between A$1.76 and A$2.29, that would mean HealthScope and its private equity owners would sell to the public 1.12 billion to 1.28 billion shares. After the IPO, TPG Capital and Carlyle Group would still retain a combined stake between 26 per cent and 40 per cent, giving HealthScope a market value of up to A$3.8 billion.
Market experts see the IPO's success because "Given the aging demographics, health care is a sector that many analysts believe is going from strength to strength," Bloomberg quoted Sam Fimis, a private client adviser at Patersons Securities.
Before deciding on an IPO, TPG and Carlyle explored all options on a potential trade sale, disclosed Robert Cooke, managing director of Healthscope.
The IPO will be listed on the ASX on July 28 after a book build to find out the final price for the initial public offering on July 23 and 24. Cooked said that ahead of the IPO, cornerstone investors had committed to purchase A$1.7 billion worth of shares.
In October 2010, rail operator Aurizon Holdings raised A$4.3 billion through an IPO.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]