Orphan Black Season 3 Update: Who Will be Returning from New Cast
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 30, 2014 9:18 PM EST
The Season 2 of "Orphan Black" wrapped-up with a big twist. The final moments of the episode added male clones to the story. Mark, the Prolethean, was unmasked as one of the male clones, part of Project Castor. The second season also introduced Patrick J Adam as Jessie, the man Helena met in a bar, and Michiel Huisman was introduced as Cal, Sarah's ex-boyfriend and Kira's biological father.
Actress Tatiana Maslany accepts the award for Best Actress in a Drama Series for "Orphan Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
It is to meet Jessie that Helena sneaked out of Sarah's place and was taken hostage by the men in the uniform. It is not confirmed whether Helena will somehow end up meeting Jessie in the upcoming season, as there is no word on Patrick's return in Season 3 to reprise his tow truck driver.
Michiel, however, is likely to return in Season 3. But, it is to be seen if the actor finds the time to shoot for "Orphan Black." TV Line reports that Graeme Manson, executive producer of "Orphan Black," is "hoping to bring back another popular character -- clone romancer Cal." Speaking about one major obstacle, Manson said to TV Line that Michiel is "one busy actor."
The Season finale also introduced the little clone sister of Sarah, the only one who survived the future cloning experiments. According to Manson, she will be very much appear in Season 3. He said to Entertainment Weekly, "Yeah, we'll see more of her [Charlotte]. Like Kira, Charlotte adds to the stakes. She's an innocent and she is apparently part of the reason that Marian Bowles is putting her neck on the line and throwing her lot in with Sarah and her clones."
Meanwhile, the Season 2 finale held back a lot of answers and added more questions to the list. The Season 3 will reveal whether the pencil in the eye really killed Rachel, or the pro-clone Clone is set to return to haunt Sarah and her clone sisters. It will also reveal whether Cosima manages to survive and sees another spring. The new season is expected to throw more light on the whole clone business and the male clones. Also, it is still a mystery why Paul's, who is involved with Project Castor, men abducted Helena and where they are taking her and to serve what purpose.
"Orphan Black" will be back in 2015, with Season 3.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Scandal Season 4 Update: Premiere Episode Title Revealed, A Different New Season
- Transfer News: In Demand Everton Midfielder Silence Speculations by Penning New Deal [VIDEO]
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Reebok Launches Bacon Line to Lure CrossFit and Paleo Diet Fans
- Transfer News: Star Midfielder Pledges Future with Manchester City [VIDEO]
- ACT Party's Demand to Re Consider Maoris Privileges Evokes Reprimand