Ed Sheeran's Second Album 'X' Removes Lana Del Rey from Top Position at the Charts
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 9:15 PM EST
Ed Sheeran's second album, "X" impressed and topped the charts as a result. According to Telegraph UK, the album shot straight to the top of the album charts. Lana Del Rey's was debunked from the top position as a result. This was announced on Sunday, only shortly after Ed Sheeran performed at the Glastonbury Festival on the Pyramid State.
Musician Ed Sheeran arrives on the red carpet at the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
Before the performance and before Ed reached the top position, the album was given five stars by a well known music critic from Telegraph, Neil McCormick. Neil had high praises for the album, describing it as containing "genuinely great songs, where melodies flow, rhythms groove, choruses erupt and lyrics jab you with surprises".
The album impressed so many that it is one of the fastest-selling UK album of the year. The album managed to sold over 182,000 copies just during the week of release. Lana del Rey's album, "Ultraviolence" lost its number one position and went down to the third spot. The second spot was taken by Sam Smith's "In the Lonely Hour."
Ed Sheeran is not the only winner on this chart. Dutch DJ Oliver Heidens, 19 and British singer Becky Hill, 20, collaborated on a song entitled, "Gecko" and this took the first spot in the official singles chart. This replaced Ella Henderson on the top spot. Ed Sheeran's current single, "Sing," remained in the number three after four weeks in the chart.
Ed Sheeran cannot do anything wrong it seems. Aside from doing wonderfully at the Glastonbury Festival, Ed Sheera's cover of 5SOS wowed everyone as well. According to 2dayFm.Au, Sheeran visited UK's Capital FM on Sunday and played a live set, which includes a cover of 5SOS's famous single, "She Looks So Perfect." He did it amazingly. He did not sound anything like the 5SOS, adding his own acoustic flavour to the song. But the version remains very likeable. He also played a few of his own songs, "Sing" and "Don't."
His performances can still be viewed on Capital FM.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 15, 2014: Liam Confronts Quinn About Her Secret Regarding Paris [WATCH VIDEO]
- Norman Reedus Instagrams ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Poster Featuring Rick Grimes With A Twist
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown