Arsenal FC Transfer News: Gunners Attacker Expects First-Team Involvement After Impressive Loan and World Cup Stints
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 30, 2014 9:03 PM EST
Arsenal attacker Joel Campbell expects to be in the mix of Arsene Wenger's squad next season following impressive stints on-loan at Olympiakos and in the ongoing World Cup.
The Costa Rican was a key figure in the Red-Whites' Super League-winning season, as well as making crucial appearances in the Champions League knockout stages, while featuring in all of his national side's games in Brazil.
Costa Rica's Campbell celebrates after scoring a goal against Uruguay during their 2014 World Cup Group D soccer match at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza
"I believe I'll be returning to Arsenal for next season," said the 22-year-old.
"It's been a beautiful World Cup for Costa Rica. It's gone very well. Qualifying first in a very difficult group is important, but now we have to focus on the last 16."
"We weren't concerned about who we got drawn against in the first round, we were simply pleased to be there, but now we are determined to go further."
Costa Rica have made it through to the quarter-finals after defeating Greece on penalties following a 1-1 draw. They will be facing a superstar-laden Netherlands squad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Floyd Mayweather Jr On Manny Pacquiao: 'He Must Know He's Not Going To Win
- For Mayweather, The Prize Comes First, Not The Fans
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Serena Williams On Caroline Wozniacki’s Friendship:’I Have Had A Love For Caroline From The Day I Met Her’
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season