Avengers 2 Casting News: Andy Serkis Added in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Motion-Capture Actor Teases about Working Closely with Mark Ruffalo
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 30, 2014 6:58 PM EST
The latest casting news on the Avengers 2 claim actor Andy Serkis joins the star-studded cast of the upcoming superhero film. The motion-capture actor has confirmed his appearance in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" but did not reveal the part he will portray.
Andy Serkis, who did motion acting as Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" and "King Kong," revealed in an interview with Variety that he will appear in the movie in addition to being the consultant of the film's motion-capture effects. Additionally, the 50-year-old actor will be portraying a role on "AoU" and "Star Wars: Episode VII."
"I'm playing a role (in both films). On 'The Avengers,' I've been working closely with Mark Ruffalo," Serkis teased. However, the Slanted report claimed that Andy Serkis stopped short in confirming whether his work with actor Mark Ruffalo is related to the Hulk.
The actor remains tight-lipped on whether his appearance in the film will be physical or motion-capture. At the moment, Marvel has not yet clarified as well how the villain robot Ultron will appear on the film or it will be a new character that requires detailed effects.
Andy Serkis is famous for his motion-capture acting after portraying characters like Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" films and the most recent one as Ceasar in the "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" film. The actor has also provided his voice to video-game characters and created stunning work on CGI in addition to his standard acting roles.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is the movie sequel to the successful "The Avengers" where the superheroes will now take on new villains following Loki's (Tom Hiddleston) evil scheme with the Chitauri in the first film. Actors Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and actress Scarlett Johansson will be reprising their roles as Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow respectively with the new cast members Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Paul Bettany as The Vision and James Spader as the new villain Ultron. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is scheduled to be released at the U.S. theaters on May 1, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Avengers 2 News: New Costume for Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Electric Harley for Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow - [READ]
Mark Ruffalo: Avengers 2 Star Tease about Marvel Considering Standalone Hulk Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery