Avengers 2 Casting News: Andy Serkis Added in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Motion-Capture Actor Teases about Working Closely with Mark Ruffalo
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 30, 2014 6:58 PM EST
The latest casting news on the Avengers 2 claim actor Andy Serkis joins the star-studded cast of the upcoming superhero film. The motion-capture actor has confirmed his appearance in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" but did not reveal the part he will portray.
Andy Serkis, who did motion acting as Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" and "King Kong," revealed in an interview with Variety that he will appear in the movie in addition to being the consultant of the film's motion-capture effects. Additionally, the 50-year-old actor will be portraying a role on "AoU" and "Star Wars: Episode VII."
"I'm playing a role (in both films). On 'The Avengers,' I've been working closely with Mark Ruffalo," Serkis teased. However, the Slanted report claimed that Andy Serkis stopped short in confirming whether his work with actor Mark Ruffalo is related to the Hulk.
The actor remains tight-lipped on whether his appearance in the film will be physical or motion-capture. At the moment, Marvel has not yet clarified as well how the villain robot Ultron will appear on the film or it will be a new character that requires detailed effects.
Andy Serkis is famous for his motion-capture acting after portraying characters like Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" films and the most recent one as Ceasar in the "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" film. The actor has also provided his voice to video-game characters and created stunning work on CGI in addition to his standard acting roles.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is the movie sequel to the successful "The Avengers" where the superheroes will now take on new villains following Loki's (Tom Hiddleston) evil scheme with the Chitauri in the first film. Actors Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and actress Scarlett Johansson will be reprising their roles as Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow respectively with the new cast members Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Paul Bettany as The Vision and James Spader as the new villain Ultron. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is scheduled to be released at the U.S. theaters on May 1, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Avengers 2 News: New Costume for Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Electric Harley for Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow - [READ]
Mark Ruffalo: Avengers 2 Star Tease about Marvel Considering Standalone Hulk Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch