Avengers 2 Casting News: Andy Serkis Added in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Motion-Capture Actor Teases about Working Closely with Mark Ruffalo
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 30, 2014 6:58 PM EST
The latest casting news on the Avengers 2 claim actor Andy Serkis joins the star-studded cast of the upcoming superhero film. The motion-capture actor has confirmed his appearance in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" but did not reveal the part he will portray.
Andy Serkis, who did motion acting as Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" and "King Kong," revealed in an interview with Variety that he will appear in the movie in addition to being the consultant of the film's motion-capture effects. Additionally, the 50-year-old actor will be portraying a role on "AoU" and "Star Wars: Episode VII."
"I'm playing a role (in both films). On 'The Avengers,' I've been working closely with Mark Ruffalo," Serkis teased. However, the Slanted report claimed that Andy Serkis stopped short in confirming whether his work with actor Mark Ruffalo is related to the Hulk.
The actor remains tight-lipped on whether his appearance in the film will be physical or motion-capture. At the moment, Marvel has not yet clarified as well how the villain robot Ultron will appear on the film or it will be a new character that requires detailed effects.
Andy Serkis is famous for his motion-capture acting after portraying characters like Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" films and the most recent one as Ceasar in the "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" film. The actor has also provided his voice to video-game characters and created stunning work on CGI in addition to his standard acting roles.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is the movie sequel to the successful "The Avengers" where the superheroes will now take on new villains following Loki's (Tom Hiddleston) evil scheme with the Chitauri in the first film. Actors Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and actress Scarlett Johansson will be reprising their roles as Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow respectively with the new cast members Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Paul Bettany as The Vision and James Spader as the new villain Ultron. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is scheduled to be released at the U.S. theaters on May 1, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Avengers 2 News: New Costume for Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Electric Harley for Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow - [READ]
Mark Ruffalo: Avengers 2 Star Tease about Marvel Considering Standalone Hulk Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build