Avengers 2 Casting News: Andy Serkis Added in Avengers: Age of Ultron, Motion-Capture Actor Teases about Working Closely with Mark Ruffalo
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 30, 2014 6:58 PM EST
The latest casting news on the Avengers 2 claim actor Andy Serkis joins the star-studded cast of the upcoming superhero film. The motion-capture actor has confirmed his appearance in "Avengers: Age of Ultron" but did not reveal the part he will portray.
Andy Serkis, who did motion acting as Gollum in "The Lord of the Rings" and "King Kong," revealed in an interview with Variety that he will appear in the movie in addition to being the consultant of the film's motion-capture effects. Additionally, the 50-year-old actor will be portraying a role on "AoU" and "Star Wars: Episode VII."
"I'm playing a role (in both films). On 'The Avengers,' I've been working closely with Mark Ruffalo," Serkis teased. However, the Slanted report claimed that Andy Serkis stopped short in confirming whether his work with actor Mark Ruffalo is related to the Hulk.
The actor remains tight-lipped on whether his appearance in the film will be physical or motion-capture. At the moment, Marvel has not yet clarified as well how the villain robot Ultron will appear on the film or it will be a new character that requires detailed effects.
Andy Serkis is famous for his motion-capture acting after portraying characters like Gollum in the "Lord of the Rings" films and the most recent one as Ceasar in the "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" film. The actor has also provided his voice to video-game characters and created stunning work on CGI in addition to his standard acting roles.
"Avengers: Age of Ultron" is the movie sequel to the successful "The Avengers" where the superheroes will now take on new villains following Loki's (Tom Hiddleston) evil scheme with the Chitauri in the first film. Actors Robert Downey Jr, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Mark Ruffalo, Jeremy Renner and actress Scarlett Johansson will be reprising their roles as Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Hawkeye and Black Widow respectively with the new cast members Aaron Taylor-Johnson as Quicksilver, Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch, Paul Bettany as The Vision and James Spader as the new villain Ultron. "Avengers: Age of Ultron" is scheduled to be released at the U.S. theaters on May 1, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Avengers 2 News: New Costume for Chris Hemsworth as Thor and Electric Harley for Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow - [READ]
Mark Ruffalo: Avengers 2 Star Tease about Marvel Considering Standalone Hulk Film - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Nov. 24 – 28 Spoilers: JJ Decides, Melanie Confronts Chad And Daniel And Nicole Reconcile
- 'The Good Wife' Season 4, Episode 10 Spoilers: Alicia Florrick Campaign Goes Awry In Winter Finale (Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide