Ariana Grande Unveils New Album My Everything, Storms UK iTunes Chart with Hit Single Problem [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 30, 2014 6:38 PM EST
American actress and singer-songwriter Ariana Grande excitedly unveiled her new album "My Everything" during the interview with television presenter Ryan Seacrest.
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
During the 3:15-minute-long interview, the Nickelodeon star confessed she had no idea just how big the hit single "Problem" would become. The single was done in collaboration with the Australian recording artist Iggy Azalea.
"I had no idea that Problem was going to even be on the album until I heard the final mix of the song," she stated. "I forgot about it for a little and I didn't hear it until it was done and mastered and it was like a different moment and I was like, 'oh, maybe I was wrong about that one'."
Problem had been number one in over a hundred countries around the world. But it was released in UK just on Sunday, June 29. The hit single immmediately stormed the top spot in the UK iTunes chart within minutes of its release.
However, the single needs to prove its popularity in streaming services like Spotify in order to land on the July 6 rundown of the Official Chart. Under the new rules, the chart incorporates streaming data and sales for the song rankings.
The hit song "Problem" will be part of Ariana Grande's second album "My Everything" which is coming out on Aug 25. Apart from "Problem," the album will also feature "Break Free" with the Russian-German musician Zedd and "Best Mistake" with the rapper Big Sean. Ariana Grande revealed "Best Mistake" was one of her favourites on the album. She even called Big Sean her best friend.
Speaking on the minimal artwork on the album cover, the singer also explained she felt each song is so strongly themed that she just wanted to have a very simple overall cover.
The singer also explained a bit about the second single "Break Free." She stated the song is inspired by many things such Jane Fonda in the film "Barbarella," "Star Wars" and space. The song got some "sci-fi throwback campy" theme going on in it.
Ariana Grande fans who will pre-order the second album "My Everything" through her Web site will have exclusive access to her concert stream which will be held at the iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party in Miami Beach, Florida. During the event, she will perform live all the songs from her new album.
The singer also turned to Twitter to update her 16 million followers. She posted a video of her interview with Ryan Seacrest on the social media network. She also reiterated what fans will get when they pre-order the album. "I reaaally can't wait for u to hear all the new music," she posted.
Watch Ariana Grande's interview with Ryan Seacrest from YouTube.
Read the tweets below:
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) June 30, 2014
i reaaally can't wait for u to hear all the new music — Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) June 30, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson And FKA Twigs Romance: Singer’s Twitter Post Sparks Pregnancy Reports Speculating The Couple Is Expecting Their First Baby
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS