Ariana Grande Unveils New Album My Everything, Storms UK iTunes Chart with Hit Single Problem [Watch YouTube Clip]
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 30, 2014 6:38 PM EST
American actress and singer-songwriter Ariana Grande excitedly unveiled her new album "My Everything" during the interview with television presenter Ryan Seacrest.
Ariana Grande performs during the MuchMusic Video Awards (MMVA) in Toronto, June 15, 2014.
During the 3:15-minute-long interview, the Nickelodeon star confessed she had no idea just how big the hit single "Problem" would become. The single was done in collaboration with the Australian recording artist Iggy Azalea.
"I had no idea that Problem was going to even be on the album until I heard the final mix of the song," she stated. "I forgot about it for a little and I didn't hear it until it was done and mastered and it was like a different moment and I was like, 'oh, maybe I was wrong about that one'."
Problem had been number one in over a hundred countries around the world. But it was released in UK just on Sunday, June 29. The hit single immmediately stormed the top spot in the UK iTunes chart within minutes of its release.
However, the single needs to prove its popularity in streaming services like Spotify in order to land on the July 6 rundown of the Official Chart. Under the new rules, the chart incorporates streaming data and sales for the song rankings.
The hit song "Problem" will be part of Ariana Grande's second album "My Everything" which is coming out on Aug 25. Apart from "Problem," the album will also feature "Break Free" with the Russian-German musician Zedd and "Best Mistake" with the rapper Big Sean. Ariana Grande revealed "Best Mistake" was one of her favourites on the album. She even called Big Sean her best friend.
Speaking on the minimal artwork on the album cover, the singer also explained she felt each song is so strongly themed that she just wanted to have a very simple overall cover.
The singer also explained a bit about the second single "Break Free." She stated the song is inspired by many things such Jane Fonda in the film "Barbarella," "Star Wars" and space. The song got some "sci-fi throwback campy" theme going on in it.
Ariana Grande fans who will pre-order the second album "My Everything" through her Web site will have exclusive access to her concert stream which will be held at the iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party in Miami Beach, Florida. During the event, she will perform live all the songs from her new album.
The singer also turned to Twitter to update her 16 million followers. She posted a video of her interview with Ryan Seacrest on the social media network. She also reiterated what fans will get when they pre-order the album. "I reaaally can't wait for u to hear all the new music," she posted.
Watch Ariana Grande's interview with Ryan Seacrest from YouTube.
Read the tweets below:
— Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) June 30, 2014
i reaaally can't wait for u to hear all the new music — Ariana Grande (@ArianaGrande) June 30, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money