Shailene Woodley: Eating Clay Does Not Make Her a Pothead
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Shailene Woodley may be practicing a lot of unconventional ways of doing things such as eating clay and not washing her hair every day, but she claims this does not make her the typical hippie type. She got the idea that people view her differently when a person believes she smokes hash and takes pot just because of her non-traditional beliefs and methods. She was quick to defend herself and laugh about the incident, Vanity Fair reports.
Actress Shailene Woodley, winner of the Female Star of Tomorrow award, arrives for the Big Screen Achievement Awards during CinemaCon, the official convention of the National Association of Theatre Owners, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada March 27, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Shailene Woodley graces Vanity Fair's July issue and explains why the public perception of her cannot be farther from who she is and what she's about. The "Divergent" star shares a funny experience of being mistaken as a pothead.
"I actually went on a hike the other day with somebody that I had just recently met, and we were talking, and he was like, 'So you smoke a lot of hash, smoke a lot of pot?' And I was like, 'What? No, actually,'" shared Woodley.
"And he's like, 'No?' And I was like, 'No.' And he goes, 'That's so funny.' He was in his 40s, and he was like, 'You know, back when I was growing up, like if you sort of had these alternative-lifestyle ways, it meant that you were a total pothead.'"
Aside from clearing that up, she also noted that having millions of followers, most of which noticed her when she took on the "Divergent" franchise, is not something she is proud of. Although she's happy fans are taking a notice, she said that is not what she is all about.
"The whole fan thing is very strange to me, because I've never had anybody that I have gone crazy for, like whether it was an actor or a musician. And so it's a weird thing for me to relate to, especially the screaming sort of young fandom, the Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent world caters to," noted Shailene.
"So I kind of actually try to like actively remove myself from the situation. There's this idea that actors and that musicians or models or whatever are better than the fans, and the fans look up to them because they're an actor. People that I look up to in life are people who make a difference, and brave, strong women."
Shailene just proves how authentic she really is, no matter where "Divergent" and "The Fault in Our Stars" has taken her. As she shared to Business Mirror PH via phone: "I don't say the things I say for others, I say them because it's my truth."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues