Shailene Woodley: Eating Clay Does Not Make Her a Pothead
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 5:59 PM EST
Shailene Woodley may be practicing a lot of unconventional ways of doing things such as eating clay and not washing her hair every day, but she claims this does not make her the typical hippie type. She got the idea that people view her differently when a person believes she smokes hash and takes pot just because of her non-traditional beliefs and methods. She was quick to defend herself and laugh about the incident, Vanity Fair reports.
Actress Shailene Woodley, winner of the Female Star of Tomorrow award, arrives for the Big Screen Achievement Awards during CinemaCon, the official convention of the National Association of Theatre Owners, at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Nevada March 27, 2014. REUTERS/Steve Marcus
Shailene Woodley graces Vanity Fair's July issue and explains why the public perception of her cannot be farther from who she is and what she's about. The "Divergent" star shares a funny experience of being mistaken as a pothead.
"I actually went on a hike the other day with somebody that I had just recently met, and we were talking, and he was like, 'So you smoke a lot of hash, smoke a lot of pot?' And I was like, 'What? No, actually,'" shared Woodley.
"And he's like, 'No?' And I was like, 'No.' And he goes, 'That's so funny.' He was in his 40s, and he was like, 'You know, back when I was growing up, like if you sort of had these alternative-lifestyle ways, it meant that you were a total pothead.'"
Aside from clearing that up, she also noted that having millions of followers, most of which noticed her when she took on the "Divergent" franchise, is not something she is proud of. Although she's happy fans are taking a notice, she said that is not what she is all about.
"The whole fan thing is very strange to me, because I've never had anybody that I have gone crazy for, like whether it was an actor or a musician. And so it's a weird thing for me to relate to, especially the screaming sort of young fandom, the Twilight, Hunger Games, Divergent world caters to," noted Shailene.
"So I kind of actually try to like actively remove myself from the situation. There's this idea that actors and that musicians or models or whatever are better than the fans, and the fans look up to them because they're an actor. People that I look up to in life are people who make a difference, and brave, strong women."
Shailene just proves how authentic she really is, no matter where "Divergent" and "The Fault in Our Stars" has taken her. As she shared to Business Mirror PH via phone: "I don't say the things I say for others, I say them because it's my truth."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks