The View Cancellation Reports: Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy Leave the Show
By Sonalee singh | June 30, 2014 5:57 PM EST
Sherri Shepherd and Jenny McCarthy have finally revealed that they are leaving the daytime talk show "The View" and this has led to speculation that the show would be cancelled.
However, it doe not seem that the show is going off air anytime soon.
"Absolutely not an option at this time," a source tells HollywoodLife. "Advertising money and respect for Barbara Walters would not have this happen any time soon. The View is an institution and they will retool it and come back stronger then ever."
Meanwhile, the co-host of the show Whoopi Goldberg is definitely going to stay on the show. According to the source, Whoopi is going to stay on the show for a longer time.
It has also come to surface, that Shepherd and McCarthy did not leave the show but were fired from it.
"There was a meeting at ABC late Thursday [June 26] afternoon and they announced Sherri Shepherd was out," sources told TMZ, adding, "We've also heard but have not confirmed Jenny McCarthy and executive producer Bill Geddie may be gone too."
Though till date, the producers have not chosen Shepher and McCarthy's replacement. But the buzz is that Ross Mathews and Jesse Palmer could be new hosts of the show. For those who are a big fan of "The Bachelorette" it is also being said that Andi Dorfman is also under consideration for hosting "The View."
"It's been seven wonderful years on The View and after careful consideration it is time for me to move on. I am extremely grateful to Barbara Walters and Bill Gedde for giving me the opportunity. I look forward to the business opportunities that lay ahead for me and I am incredibly grateful to my View family and my fans for supporting me on this journey," Shepherd said, after leaving the show, in a statement to Deadline.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Semi-Nude Balmain Lattice Dress At Paris Fashion Week [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Filming Spoilers: Beardless Rick Grimes Seems To Be On The Set
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘Orange is the New Black Story’ Season 3 Update: New Corrections Officer To Be Introduced, Likely To Take Pornstache's Position At Litchfield Penitentiary
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks