Selena Gomez 'Smiling Through' Bieber Drama, Releasing 'Greatest Hits' Album by December and Working on New Music
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Reconciliation with Justin Bieber and all the drama that goes along with it is not stopping Selena Gomez from working on her music and her acting career.
Actress and singer Selena Gomez poses for a portrait while promoting her movie ''Spring Breakers'' in Los Angeles, California March 16, 2013.
According to Pop Dust, Selena Gomez is set to release her first "Greatest Hits" album by December. In addition, the singer actress is also working on a new music. Instead of being an hindrance to her career, some reports are claiming that Justin Bieber is inspiring her. This "Greatest Hits" album signals an end to an era in Selena's life. She's slated to be more mature and bolder in her next hits and movie roles.
Pop Dust shares: "throughout her pop career, the songstress has racked up approximately eight platinum or multi-platinum singles, so that should be just enough to pad out a hits package with the addition of some new songs." Pop Dust added: "It looks like this upcoming greatest hits album is going to signal the end of Selena Gomez the teen idol once and for all."
Aside from her new music, fans can expect a bolder and more mature Selena Gomez on her movie career. She already scored two mature films: a crude comedy "Behaving Badly," which opens in September. She is also slated to do a William H. Macy drama, "Rudderless."
It is good to know that the Nickelodeon's Most Favorite Singer is not letting her music career go, despite all the drama that she had to deal with for the past months. Guardian LV shares that Selena Gomez is merely smiling through the pain. After all, having her relationship constantly nitpicked by everyone is bound to take a toll. Guardian LV claims that: "Dealing with a boyfriend or significant other who is constantly accused of cheating would be difficult for anyone, even if the boyfriend in question was not rich and frequently travelling. Selena Gomez generally puts up a brave front as she smiles through her pain and frustration."
"Hopefully she will have a giant rock to flash at the Teen Choice Awards in August. Her overwhelming smile will definitely be real then," Guardian LV adds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery