Selena Gomez 'Smiling Through' Bieber Drama, Releasing 'Greatest Hits' Album by December and Working on New Music
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Reconciliation with Justin Bieber and all the drama that goes along with it is not stopping Selena Gomez from working on her music and her acting career.
Actress and singer Selena Gomez poses for a portrait while promoting her movie ''Spring Breakers'' in Los Angeles, California March 16, 2013.
According to Pop Dust, Selena Gomez is set to release her first "Greatest Hits" album by December. In addition, the singer actress is also working on a new music. Instead of being an hindrance to her career, some reports are claiming that Justin Bieber is inspiring her. This "Greatest Hits" album signals an end to an era in Selena's life. She's slated to be more mature and bolder in her next hits and movie roles.
Pop Dust shares: "throughout her pop career, the songstress has racked up approximately eight platinum or multi-platinum singles, so that should be just enough to pad out a hits package with the addition of some new songs." Pop Dust added: "It looks like this upcoming greatest hits album is going to signal the end of Selena Gomez the teen idol once and for all."
Aside from her new music, fans can expect a bolder and more mature Selena Gomez on her movie career. She already scored two mature films: a crude comedy "Behaving Badly," which opens in September. She is also slated to do a William H. Macy drama, "Rudderless."
It is good to know that the Nickelodeon's Most Favorite Singer is not letting her music career go, despite all the drama that she had to deal with for the past months. Guardian LV shares that Selena Gomez is merely smiling through the pain. After all, having her relationship constantly nitpicked by everyone is bound to take a toll. Guardian LV claims that: "Dealing with a boyfriend or significant other who is constantly accused of cheating would be difficult for anyone, even if the boyfriend in question was not rich and frequently travelling. Selena Gomez generally puts up a brave front as she smiles through her pain and frustration."
"Hopefully she will have a giant rock to flash at the Teen Choice Awards in August. Her overwhelming smile will definitely be real then," Guardian LV adds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan