Selena Gomez 'Smiling Through' Bieber Drama, Releasing 'Greatest Hits' Album by December and Working on New Music
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Reconciliation with Justin Bieber and all the drama that goes along with it is not stopping Selena Gomez from working on her music and her acting career.
Actress and singer Selena Gomez poses for a portrait while promoting her movie ''Spring Breakers'' in Los Angeles, California March 16, 2013.
According to Pop Dust, Selena Gomez is set to release her first "Greatest Hits" album by December. In addition, the singer actress is also working on a new music. Instead of being an hindrance to her career, some reports are claiming that Justin Bieber is inspiring her. This "Greatest Hits" album signals an end to an era in Selena's life. She's slated to be more mature and bolder in her next hits and movie roles.
Pop Dust shares: "throughout her pop career, the songstress has racked up approximately eight platinum or multi-platinum singles, so that should be just enough to pad out a hits package with the addition of some new songs." Pop Dust added: "It looks like this upcoming greatest hits album is going to signal the end of Selena Gomez the teen idol once and for all."
Aside from her new music, fans can expect a bolder and more mature Selena Gomez on her movie career. She already scored two mature films: a crude comedy "Behaving Badly," which opens in September. She is also slated to do a William H. Macy drama, "Rudderless."
It is good to know that the Nickelodeon's Most Favorite Singer is not letting her music career go, despite all the drama that she had to deal with for the past months. Guardian LV shares that Selena Gomez is merely smiling through the pain. After all, having her relationship constantly nitpicked by everyone is bound to take a toll. Guardian LV claims that: "Dealing with a boyfriend or significant other who is constantly accused of cheating would be difficult for anyone, even if the boyfriend in question was not rich and frequently travelling. Selena Gomez generally puts up a brave front as she smiles through her pain and frustration."
"Hopefully she will have a giant rock to flash at the Teen Choice Awards in August. Her overwhelming smile will definitely be real then," Guardian LV adds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop