Selena Gomez 'Smiling Through' Bieber Drama, Releasing 'Greatest Hits' Album by December and Working on New Music
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 5:53 PM EST
Reconciliation with Justin Bieber and all the drama that goes along with it is not stopping Selena Gomez from working on her music and her acting career.
Actress and singer Selena Gomez poses for a portrait while promoting her movie ''Spring Breakers'' in Los Angeles, California March 16, 2013.
According to Pop Dust, Selena Gomez is set to release her first "Greatest Hits" album by December. In addition, the singer actress is also working on a new music. Instead of being an hindrance to her career, some reports are claiming that Justin Bieber is inspiring her. This "Greatest Hits" album signals an end to an era in Selena's life. She's slated to be more mature and bolder in her next hits and movie roles.
Pop Dust shares: "throughout her pop career, the songstress has racked up approximately eight platinum or multi-platinum singles, so that should be just enough to pad out a hits package with the addition of some new songs." Pop Dust added: "It looks like this upcoming greatest hits album is going to signal the end of Selena Gomez the teen idol once and for all."
Aside from her new music, fans can expect a bolder and more mature Selena Gomez on her movie career. She already scored two mature films: a crude comedy "Behaving Badly," which opens in September. She is also slated to do a William H. Macy drama, "Rudderless."
It is good to know that the Nickelodeon's Most Favorite Singer is not letting her music career go, despite all the drama that she had to deal with for the past months. Guardian LV shares that Selena Gomez is merely smiling through the pain. After all, having her relationship constantly nitpicked by everyone is bound to take a toll. Guardian LV claims that: "Dealing with a boyfriend or significant other who is constantly accused of cheating would be difficult for anyone, even if the boyfriend in question was not rich and frequently travelling. Selena Gomez generally puts up a brave front as she smiles through her pain and frustration."
"Hopefully she will have a giant rock to flash at the Teen Choice Awards in August. Her overwhelming smile will definitely be real then," Guardian LV adds.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown