‘True Blood’ Star Ryan Kwanten on His Gay Sex Scene with Co-Star Alexander Skarsgard: It Was Fun! [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 30, 2014 5:28 PM EST
“True Blood” proved to be another jaw-dropping episode on Sunday night as Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) got it on with Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) during a gay sex scene. Though it was an intense scene, the Australian actor wasn’t fazed, saying shooting it was “fun.”
Cast member Ryan Kwanten poses at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
This article contains spoiler for the HBO show’s second episode, seventh season. Please don’t read any further if you haven’t watched it yet.
On Sunday, Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) finally made his appearance after missing for the season debut episode last week. He was just in his mansion, and was found by no other than Jason.
Viewers weren’t aware that Jason was looking for him, though, if their meeting was any indication, it was a priority mission for him.
“You found me,” Eric said, to which Jason replied, “You didn’t make it easy.”
Apparently, Jason had been looking for him to find out if there was truly something between them.
“What about Violet?” Eric asked.
“I’m crazy about her,” Jason admitted, which didn’t bode well for Eric. “But I can’t get you out of my head.”
That’s when their passionate scene began, with Jason stripping off his shirt and taking off Eric’s belt. There was a brief faux objection from Eric, but the two still ended up in bed kissing. Eric went south soon after, kissing Jason’s shirtless body and further down to his groin.
That was all just a dream, though, courtesy of Jason’s fantasy while he was in church no less.
Ryan was apprehensive about the scene, not because he, a straight man, was doing it with another straight actor. It’s because he didn’t know if the fans would appreciate it well.
“My read on what the public likes and doesn’t like is pretty horrible, to be honest. I just kind of do my job. I check in like a good worker, and then I check out. The rest is up to our directors and our audiences to hopefully like what we do,” he told The Daily Beast.
When he was told that the audiences would love it, he then started to say what it was like to shoot the scene with Alexander.
“It was not a normal situation for either of us. But it was actually really fun. He’s one of the cast members that I never really got to work with, so we’d always talk after a table read, like, ‘What do you think we would do if we ever put in a scene together?’ And I think the showrunners finally got that opportunity in the form of what you’ve seen.”
He continued, “It was kind of a riot, to be honest. When we were shooting it, there was a lot of laughing. And a lot of trust. Because of that history that we had with each other, it was actually easier than I thought it would be.”
Watch Jason and Eric’s imaginary sex scene:
It wasn’t the first gay sex scene for both Ryan and Alex, though.
In the third season, Eric also had a homosexual sex scene with Talbot (Theo Alexander), which didn’t end well for the gay vampire. Eric killed him during intercourse.
And in season six, Jason also had a sexually-fuelled gay scene with Ben (Rob Kazinsky). Unfortunately, it was another one of Jason’s dreams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Kit Harington Denies Romance With Co-stars Rose Leslie And Emilia Clarke
- 'The Big Bang Theory' Season 8 Episode 7 Spoilers: Penny Takes Off Her Ring In The Misinterpretation Agitation [VIDEO]
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family