‘True Blood’ Star Ryan Kwanten on His Gay Sex Scene with Co-Star Alexander Skarsgard: It Was Fun! [VIDEO]
By Anne Lu | June 30, 2014 5:28 PM EST
“True Blood” proved to be another jaw-dropping episode on Sunday night as Jason Stackhouse (Ryan Kwanten) got it on with Eric Northman (Alexander Skarsgard) during a gay sex scene. Though it was an intense scene, the Australian actor wasn’t fazed, saying shooting it was “fun.”
Cast member Ryan Kwanten poses at the premiere of the seventh and final season of the HBO television series "True Blood" in Hollywood, California June 17, 2014. The series debuts on June 22. REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
This article contains spoiler for the HBO show’s second episode, seventh season. Please don’t read any further if you haven’t watched it yet.
On Sunday, Eric (Alexander Skarsgard) finally made his appearance after missing for the season debut episode last week. He was just in his mansion, and was found by no other than Jason.
Viewers weren’t aware that Jason was looking for him, though, if their meeting was any indication, it was a priority mission for him.
“You found me,” Eric said, to which Jason replied, “You didn’t make it easy.”
Apparently, Jason had been looking for him to find out if there was truly something between them.
“What about Violet?” Eric asked.
“I’m crazy about her,” Jason admitted, which didn’t bode well for Eric. “But I can’t get you out of my head.”
That’s when their passionate scene began, with Jason stripping off his shirt and taking off Eric’s belt. There was a brief faux objection from Eric, but the two still ended up in bed kissing. Eric went south soon after, kissing Jason’s shirtless body and further down to his groin.
That was all just a dream, though, courtesy of Jason’s fantasy while he was in church no less.
Ryan was apprehensive about the scene, not because he, a straight man, was doing it with another straight actor. It’s because he didn’t know if the fans would appreciate it well.
“My read on what the public likes and doesn’t like is pretty horrible, to be honest. I just kind of do my job. I check in like a good worker, and then I check out. The rest is up to our directors and our audiences to hopefully like what we do,” he told The Daily Beast.
When he was told that the audiences would love it, he then started to say what it was like to shoot the scene with Alexander.
“It was not a normal situation for either of us. But it was actually really fun. He’s one of the cast members that I never really got to work with, so we’d always talk after a table read, like, ‘What do you think we would do if we ever put in a scene together?’ And I think the showrunners finally got that opportunity in the form of what you’ve seen.”
He continued, “It was kind of a riot, to be honest. When we were shooting it, there was a lot of laughing. And a lot of trust. Because of that history that we had with each other, it was actually easier than I thought it would be.”
Watch Jason and Eric’s imaginary sex scene:
It wasn’t the first gay sex scene for both Ryan and Alex, though.
In the third season, Eric also had a homosexual sex scene with Talbot (Theo Alexander), which didn’t end well for the gay vampire. Eric killed him during intercourse.
And in season six, Jason also had a sexually-fuelled gay scene with Ben (Rob Kazinsky). Unfortunately, it was another one of Jason’s dreams.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best