Pokémon X and Y Update: Mega Typhlosion, Feraligatr, and Meganium Coming in 2015
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 30, 2014 5:06 PM EST
Just after the announcement of Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire having Sceptile, Swampert and Blaziken as gen 3 starters with Mega evolutions, new news were released. Typhlosion, Meganium and Feraligatr will also get Mega evolutions but not this year.
REUTERS / Eric Thayer
A Pikachu balloon floats down Sixth Avenue during the 87th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York November 28, 2013.
The "Pokémon X and Y" was released last October 2013 and the new Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire gen 3 remakes will be released on November 2014 with Mega Typhlosion, Meganium and Feraligatr. Nintendo and Pokémon continuously give fans excitement since the production in 1998.
Here is the timeline of each Pokémon game with their corresponding release dates:
- Pokémon Red and Blue - September 1998
- Pokémon Yellow - October 1999
- Pokémon Gold and Silver - October 2000
- Pokémon Crystal - July 2002
- Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire - March 2003
- Leaf Green and Fire Red - September 2004
- Pokémon Emerald - May 2005
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - April 2007
- Pokémon Platinum - March 2009
- Heart Gold and Soul Silver - March 2010
- Pokémon Black and White - March 2011
- Black 2 and White 2 - October 2012
- Pokémon X and Y - October 2013
- Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire - November 2014
Nintendo and Pokémon Company have annually released new Pokémon game but some were released few months late. Meaning, another will be released in the final quarter of 2015 if not the first quarter of 2016.
What could be the title of the next Pokémon game coming in 2015 or 2016? It can be the much-awaited Z version having legendary Zygarde as the cover. It can also be Delta Emerald version that Nintendo made as a trademark. Or a sequel to X and Y, Black and White style, changing gen 1 starters to gen 2 starters. Maybe the next title game of Pokémon will be Z version having Mega Typhlosion, Feraligatr and Meganium.
Gen 2 starters will get Mega evolution, not only the gen 1 and 3 starters, also some random Pokes, some legendary Pokémon like Mewtwo, Latios and Latias, Primeval Kyogre and Groudon, and even Diancie, a Pokémon that hasn't even been released yet. Nintendo and Pokémon didn't forget Typhlosion, Feraligatr and Meganium. They are just being wise with their business plan. They can't release all the mega evolutions in just one game, because they'll be able to get more money by releasing each Mega in separate games.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid