Game of Thrones Season 5 Updates: Michelle Fairley Confirms Catelyn Stark is Dead, Lady Stonehart Arc a Big Secret
By Riza Ornos | June 30, 2014 4:46 PM EST
Killed on "Game of Thrones" season 3 finale, "Red Wedding," Catelyn Stark played by Michelle Fairley is not going to return as Lady Stoneheart, a resurrected corpse of Ned Stark's widow. But Fairley put all the rumours into rest when she revealed that Catelyn Stark is dead and will not be returning to the show.
Known for the show’s explicit sex scenes, showrunners have to hire female porn stars for supporting roles, while others are prostitutes to play as women in the bar and other roles that required nudity.
Fairley settled all the Lady Stoneheart rumours on her recent interview with Hollywood Life and said: "All I can say is she's dead. She's completely dead." GOT fans are clearly not over on what happened on the Red Wedding when the Stark's matriarch met her bloody ending, including Rob and his pregnant wife.
"I'm not on that show anymore. I'm not on Game of Thrones anymore. That character is dead," she added. Fans of the show are still disappointed that Lady Stonehearts's did not make an appearance on the show's season 4 as her resurrection marks the end of "Storm of Swords," George R.R. Martin's third book of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series.
"It's a great question," Alex Graves, GOT "The Children" director, told Entertainment Weekly when he was asked if they event shot a scene with Fairley as Lady Stoneheart. "Because it's all I asked about last year when I was doing [the episode with Brotherhood Without Banners leader] Beric Dondarrion - who ultimately is the person who finds Catelyn and turns her into Lady Stoneheart. But no, they didn't do it. It was never on the docket to do this season - ever."
Series creator David Benioff and D.B. Weiss decided not to include the character although it's been a challenge for them on adapting the book series and make it into a television-focused experience. Graves also revealed that a great actress such Fairley will not be as likeable as a zombie and with so many big moments in season 4 Lady Stoneheart's arc is something they don't want to explore.
"As somebody who's worked deep inside the show, begged to have an answer and wants more than anybody, I have no idea," Graves added. "They won't tell me. They're very good at being secretive."
"Game of thrones" season 4 production will begin in July and is set to premiere next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown