Game of Thrones Season 5 Updates: Michelle Fairley Confirms Catelyn Stark is Dead, Lady Stonehart Arc a Big Secret
By Riza Ornos | June 30, 2014 4:46 PM EST
Killed on "Game of Thrones" season 3 finale, "Red Wedding," Catelyn Stark played by Michelle Fairley is not going to return as Lady Stoneheart, a resurrected corpse of Ned Stark's widow. But Fairley put all the rumours into rest when she revealed that Catelyn Stark is dead and will not be returning to the show.
Known for the show’s explicit sex scenes, showrunners have to hire female porn stars for supporting roles, while others are prostitutes to play as women in the bar and other roles that required nudity.
Fairley settled all the Lady Stoneheart rumours on her recent interview with Hollywood Life and said: "All I can say is she's dead. She's completely dead." GOT fans are clearly not over on what happened on the Red Wedding when the Stark's matriarch met her bloody ending, including Rob and his pregnant wife.
"I'm not on that show anymore. I'm not on Game of Thrones anymore. That character is dead," she added. Fans of the show are still disappointed that Lady Stonehearts's did not make an appearance on the show's season 4 as her resurrection marks the end of "Storm of Swords," George R.R. Martin's third book of the "Song of Ice and Fire" series.
"It's a great question," Alex Graves, GOT "The Children" director, told Entertainment Weekly when he was asked if they event shot a scene with Fairley as Lady Stoneheart. "Because it's all I asked about last year when I was doing [the episode with Brotherhood Without Banners leader] Beric Dondarrion - who ultimately is the person who finds Catelyn and turns her into Lady Stoneheart. But no, they didn't do it. It was never on the docket to do this season - ever."
Series creator David Benioff and D.B. Weiss decided not to include the character although it's been a challenge for them on adapting the book series and make it into a television-focused experience. Graves also revealed that a great actress such Fairley will not be as likeable as a zombie and with so many big moments in season 4 Lady Stoneheart's arc is something they don't want to explore.
"As somebody who's worked deep inside the show, begged to have an answer and wants more than anybody, I have no idea," Graves added. "They won't tell me. They're very good at being secretive."
"Game of thrones" season 4 production will begin in July and is set to premiere next year.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]