American Horror Story Freak Show: Michael Chiklis' Role Excites Fans
By Tanya Diente | June 30, 2014 4:22 PM EST
As season 4 of "American Horror Story" entitled "Freak Show" draws nearer, more and more details are being revealed, such as the character Michael Chiklis is going to portray. And with its reveal, fans have voiced out their reactions including their excitement to see him on the show.
Actor Zachary Quinto arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
The most recent reveal in "American Horror Story: Freak Show" is actor Michael Chiklis' role on the show.
"American Horror Story" creator Ryan Murphy revealed to TVline that Chiklis's circus performer will be "a strong man" who's married to Angela Bassett's character. In a previous report, the site also revealed he is actually Kathy Bates' ex-husband and father to Evan Peters.
Murphy continued that aside from his scenes with Kathy Bates, Chiklis will also have scenes with "Coven" stars Angela Bassett and Jessica Lange. Chiklis' character may be defined as "strong," but Murphy said he is also vulnerable.
"I love the part because it's really written to be quite vulnerable, which is something I think Michael does so well—the strong man who's vulnerable. I'm very excited to see [him] tussle with all those great ladies. And he's really up for it, really excited about it," he said.
Apparently, some "American Horror Fans" are as excited as Murphy in knowing Chicklis is totally involved with the show now that his character in "Freak Show" has been revealed.
@__Bonafide @frankenfemmes yep, so excited. And there's a twist with Kathy Bates character Going to be an incredible season of Ahsfreakshow — bonnie smith (@BonBonfaboo) June 27, 2014
@screencrushnews @MichaelChiklis @MrRPMurphy @AHSFX I'm ridiculously excited about this! Awesome choice :) — Cher Cee (@CherCeeGF) June 25, 2014
Aside from Twitter, other fans also commented on Entertainment Weekly's news about Chiklis' involvement on the show. Some said they may not be a fan of "American Horror Story," but since Chiklis is on board so they are now. They would be giving the show a shot because of him. One fan also said the show is already a sure success since he is on it. While another fan said Chiklis would go totally "bad-ass" to make "American Horror Story: Freak Show" great.
This isn't the first time Michael Chiklis has appeared as a freak with superhuman strength. He starred as The Thing in "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer." He also portrayed the strong man in "No Ordinary Family." According to Bustle, it could be these characters that landed him a role in "American Horror Story: Freak Show."
"American Horror Story: Freak Show" will premiere on FX in October, with reports claiming that filming will take place in New Orleans.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers for Sept. 1-5, 2014: Sabrina Seeks Revenge
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- 5 Seconds of Summer Calum Hood's D--K Vine Video Goes Viral
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Jessica Lange Says New Season ‘Most Extraordinary’
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares