Liverpool FC Transfer News: Reds Should not Sell Striker Despite Ban, Says Former Club Official
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 30, 2014 4:16 PM EST
Former Liverpool director of football Damien Comolli opined that the Merseyside outfit should not sell their prized-asset, Luis Suarez, despite the four-month ban imposed by FIFA on the Uruguay international.
Uruguay's Luis Suarez gives a thumbs-up from a balcony of the team's hotel in Natal, June 26, 2014. Suarez was hit with the biggest ban imposed at a World Cup on Thursday as FIFA threw the book at one of soccer's most talented but controversial players for biting an opponent during the 2014 World Cup match against Italy.
The 27-year-old's on-pitch antics dates back to his years at Ajax, wherein PSV's Otman Bakkal was also a victim of his biting, while Chelsea's Branislav Ivanovic also got to experience such unsportsmanlike behaviour in 2013.
"Who do you replace him with? There is nobody like him around. If there was, Real Madrid and Barcelona would go after them and not Suarez," Comolli told BBC Radio 5 Live.
Suarez, who is coming off a player-of-the-year-wining season in the Premier League, could be a subject of a series reduced-bids by interested clubs.
"If there was a buying club and they felt Liverpool would sell, they will take advantage and try to drive the price down," he added.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Female Boxer Dies In South Africa Following Knockout Blow
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy