Gran Turismo 7 Release Date Not Coming in 2014
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 30, 2014 4:03 PM EST
Fans have already anticipated the release of "Gran Turismo 7" by the end of 2014. However, it seems like fans have something to fear as it appears that Polyphony Digital has given up on the idea of "Gran Turismo 7" making its debut before the year ends just like the other games that were supposed to launch this year.
Bastian sits in a Mercedes SLS sport car on the pit lane during the international presentation of the new Sony PlayStation "Gran Turismo 6" video game at Ascari Race circuit in Ronda (Reuters)
But then again, there is still hope for gamers around the globe, Kanuzori Yamauchi franchise creator and Polyphony Digital CEO, has announced that there might still be a chance to release the game before 2015.
Updates about the release of "Gran Turismo 7" are from the Web site Eurogamer. Luckily enough, the folks of Eurogamer were able to chat with the franchise creator in this year's Goodwood Festival of Speed in West Sussex, England. Eurogamer was able to hang out with Polyphony's founder and were able to talk with him about his previous comments on the launch of "Gran Turismo 7".
According to them, Yamauchi is not rather sure if he can release the game this year. "We are working on the title", adding, "I don't think it'll make it this year!" says Yamauchi.
That being said, it probably means that "Gran Turismo 7" will be joining the list of other games scheduled to make their retail debut sometime during 2015. What's more depressing is the creator didn't specifically mention a new timeline for the release of "Gran Turismo 7" with Eurogamer.
The annual Goodwood Festival of Speed is quite synonymous with "Gran Turismo" since Polyphony usually promotes the franchise during the event. Yamauchi is quite a celebrity at the festival just like many of the drivers. In this year's event, the founder has found time to show the crowd how to complete the Festival of Speed hill climb course on "Gran Turismo 6."
Furthermore, the game creator confirmed that "Gran Turismo 7" may include many of the same outdated texture models that continue to be rolled over from one "Gran Turismo" game to the next. Fans might be disappointed by this announcement; however, the company is hoping to include more Premium cars in "Gran Turismo 7" as well.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments