Divergent Star Shailene Woodley Reveals Connection to The Hunger Games Star Josh Hutcherson
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 30, 2014 3:58 PM EST
There has been an obvious connection between "Divergent" and "The Hunger Games" as both are hit dystopian films adapted from young adult novels that are both heavily compared to each other. But the movies, it appears, have a deeper connection than that, which has not been too obvious as it goes deep within the relationship of its stars.
Actor Josh Hutcherson poses backstage with his awards for Best Male Performance and Best Movie of the Year for his performance in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
The Fault in Our Stars Ansel Elgort Explains Relationship with Shailene Woodley; Talks About Trust and Honesty [WATCH VIDEO]
‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
"Divergent" star Shailene Woodley recently revealed in an interview for Vanity Fair's magazine July issue that she and "The Hunger Games" star Josh Hutcherson are somehow connected, going back to the time when the actors have been 11-year-olds.
"Josh and I were friends when I was 11 years old, and we sold a movie together that he ended up making, and I didn't," Woodley told the publication.
According to the 23-year-old "Divergent" star, the young Hutcherson, together with his mom and his brother, came to the wedding of Woodley's mom's best friends. Shailene Woodley, however, added that since at the age of eleven, she and Hutcherson haven't been able to talk.
"We were good friends as 11-year-olds," Woodley admitted, remembering the time when she and Hutcherson have been close.
As Woodley reprises her role as Tris in the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" with Theo James who plays the character of Four, Hutcherson also reprises his role as Peeta Mellark alongside Jennifer Lawrence who plays Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1," which recently released its first teaser trailer, featuring Hutcherson and Donald Sutherland.
The two childhood friends would have not imagined back then how big the leap they are going to make with their careers today. Woodley shared that after not being able to talk with "The Hunger Games" star for, like, 10 years, a day before her Vanity Fair's interview, she was able to see Hutcherson again.
The day Woodley could have been referring was during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards that both actors attended and won. Shailene Woodley won the "Favourite Character" award for her role as Tris in "Divergent" while Josh Hutcherson took home the popcorn trophy for the "Best Male Performance" in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
In a Panem Propaganda, a Hunger Games fansite, post on tumblr, Woodley and Hutcherson were both photographed together during the awards night.
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" where Shailene Woodley is set to appear hits theatres on March 2015 while "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" with Josh Hutcherson hits theaters months earlier, on November 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘America's Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Winner: Betting Odds And Judges Predict Who Could Win The Finals
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Winner Predictions: Fellow Contestants And Betting Odds Predict Who Could Win Mirror Ball Trophy
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Nine Moments From Episode 1, The Locomotion Interruption
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Preview: Sam’s Fairy Tale Date, Belly Dancing Time, Who Exits
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ (AGT) Season 9 (2014) Finale Performance Episode Recap, Spoilers: 6 Finalists Perform Their Last Acts To Win Finals
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet