Divergent Star Shailene Woodley Reveals Connection to The Hunger Games Star Josh Hutcherson
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 30, 2014 3:58 PM EST
There has been an obvious connection between "Divergent" and "The Hunger Games" as both are hit dystopian films adapted from young adult novels that are both heavily compared to each other. But the movies, it appears, have a deeper connection than that, which has not been too obvious as it goes deep within the relationship of its stars.
Actor Josh Hutcherson poses backstage with his awards for Best Male Performance and Best Movie of the Year for his performance in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
The Fault in Our Stars Ansel Elgort Explains Relationship with Shailene Woodley; Talks About Trust and Honesty [WATCH VIDEO]
‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
"Divergent" star Shailene Woodley recently revealed in an interview for Vanity Fair's magazine July issue that she and "The Hunger Games" star Josh Hutcherson are somehow connected, going back to the time when the actors have been 11-year-olds.
"Josh and I were friends when I was 11 years old, and we sold a movie together that he ended up making, and I didn't," Woodley told the publication.
According to the 23-year-old "Divergent" star, the young Hutcherson, together with his mom and his brother, came to the wedding of Woodley's mom's best friends. Shailene Woodley, however, added that since at the age of eleven, she and Hutcherson haven't been able to talk.
"We were good friends as 11-year-olds," Woodley admitted, remembering the time when she and Hutcherson have been close.
As Woodley reprises her role as Tris in the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" with Theo James who plays the character of Four, Hutcherson also reprises his role as Peeta Mellark alongside Jennifer Lawrence who plays Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1," which recently released its first teaser trailer, featuring Hutcherson and Donald Sutherland.
The two childhood friends would have not imagined back then how big the leap they are going to make with their careers today. Woodley shared that after not being able to talk with "The Hunger Games" star for, like, 10 years, a day before her Vanity Fair's interview, she was able to see Hutcherson again.
The day Woodley could have been referring was during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards that both actors attended and won. Shailene Woodley won the "Favourite Character" award for her role as Tris in "Divergent" while Josh Hutcherson took home the popcorn trophy for the "Best Male Performance" in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
In a Panem Propaganda, a Hunger Games fansite, post on tumblr, Woodley and Hutcherson were both photographed together during the awards night.
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" where Shailene Woodley is set to appear hits theatres on March 2015 while "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" with Josh Hutcherson hits theaters months earlier, on November 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 4 New Zealand Promo: Beth Greene’s Brave Side In 'Slabtown'
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- Canada’s Official ISIS Mission Starts On Weekend; Kuwait Uneasy