Divergent Star Shailene Woodley Reveals Connection to The Hunger Games Star Josh Hutcherson
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 30, 2014 3:58 PM EST
There has been an obvious connection between "Divergent" and "The Hunger Games" as both are hit dystopian films adapted from young adult novels that are both heavily compared to each other. But the movies, it appears, have a deeper connection than that, which has not been too obvious as it goes deep within the relationship of its stars.
Actor Josh Hutcherson poses backstage with his awards for Best Male Performance and Best Movie of the Year for his performance in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire" at the 2014 MTV Movie Awards in Los Angeles, California April 13, 2014.
The Fault in Our Stars Ansel Elgort Explains Relationship with Shailene Woodley; Talks About Trust and Honesty [WATCH VIDEO]
‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
"Divergent" star Shailene Woodley recently revealed in an interview for Vanity Fair's magazine July issue that she and "The Hunger Games" star Josh Hutcherson are somehow connected, going back to the time when the actors have been 11-year-olds.
"Josh and I were friends when I was 11 years old, and we sold a movie together that he ended up making, and I didn't," Woodley told the publication.
According to the 23-year-old "Divergent" star, the young Hutcherson, together with his mom and his brother, came to the wedding of Woodley's mom's best friends. Shailene Woodley, however, added that since at the age of eleven, she and Hutcherson haven't been able to talk.
"We were good friends as 11-year-olds," Woodley admitted, remembering the time when she and Hutcherson have been close.
As Woodley reprises her role as Tris in the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" with Theo James who plays the character of Four, Hutcherson also reprises his role as Peeta Mellark alongside Jennifer Lawrence who plays Katniss Everdeen in "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1," which recently released its first teaser trailer, featuring Hutcherson and Donald Sutherland.
The two childhood friends would have not imagined back then how big the leap they are going to make with their careers today. Woodley shared that after not being able to talk with "The Hunger Games" star for, like, 10 years, a day before her Vanity Fair's interview, she was able to see Hutcherson again.
The day Woodley could have been referring was during the 2014 MTV Movie Awards that both actors attended and won. Shailene Woodley won the "Favourite Character" award for her role as Tris in "Divergent" while Josh Hutcherson took home the popcorn trophy for the "Best Male Performance" in "The Hunger Games: Catching Fire."
In a Panem Propaganda, a Hunger Games fansite, post on tumblr, Woodley and Hutcherson were both photographed together during the awards night.
The "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" where Shailene Woodley is set to appear hits theatres on March 2015 while "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1" with Josh Hutcherson hits theaters months earlier, on November 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon