Serie A Transfer News: Kaka to Head back to Brazil, Says Sao Paolo Official
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 30, 2014 3:33 PM EST
AC Milan star Kaka will reportedly be heading back to Brazil to play for his boyhood club, Sao Paolo, as a loanee.
The 32-year-old got his groove back at the San Siro after struggling with Real Madrid for four years, but the turnaround is just too little too late as he is already in the twilight of his career, unless he does a "Pirlo."
“He will undergo a medical and will join Orlando, then he will be loaned to Sao Paulo for six months until December 31.” - Sao Paolo vice-president Ataide Gil Guerreiro on Kaka
He was able to contribute 7 goals and 6 assists in 30 appearances in the Serie A for the Rossoneri, but failed to help them qualify for a place in Champions League, which means he needs to be shipped out due to his enormous wages.
"After 60 days of negotiations we have reached an agreement, but there isn't anything formal yet," said Sao Paolo vice-president Ataide Gil Guerreiro.
Kaka will ultimately move to Orlando City of the U.S.-based MLS, but will make a brief stop at his homeland.
"There are steps to be taken but when it comes to values, there is an agreement between all parties involved - Milan, MLS, Orlando, Kaka and Sao Paulo,"he added.
"He will sign a contract with the MLS. Clubs can choose three designated players, Orlando choose Kaka."
"He will undergo a medical and will join Orlando, then he will be loaned to Sao Paulo for six months until December 31."
"Not only is Kaka excited, but he is also physically peaking."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3