NBA News: Derrick Rose Won't Help in Recruiting Free Agents, Carmelo Anthony
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 30, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose stressed that he won't help recruit any free-agent this summer, though he admits he liked the tenacity of Carmelo Anthony everytime he steps on the floor, the former MVP said in an interview with Yahoo Sports on Sunday.
Chicago's Derrick Rose
Rose, who is expected to play the start of the season after missing 72 games due to an MCL injury, said he won' be involved in the recruiting process but he's very much willing to play with a new teammate next season.
"I love Melo's game," Rose said. "He's a great player. Takes the game serious. He's consistent. He shoots the ball great. I love his heart. I can play with anybody, no matter who it is. I believe I can play with anyone if they step on the court with me."
The Bulls are among the teams being linked to Anthony since last season. With a core of Rose and Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah, the Bulls are certainly an ideal destination for a championship-hungry Anthony.
When asked about his progress from injury, Rose promised to play on Day 1 of the season, though he is not sure if he's going to participate with Team USA in the FIBA World Cup.
"I still don't know yet," Rose told Yahoo Sports at the Drew Gooden Foundation Basketball Camp on Sunday. "If I'm feeling right and the time is [right], for sure I will go out there. My body is responding good, but you never know.
"Right now, I haven't really thought about that. I am just worrying about just trying to get back every day and I'm really taking rehab one day at a time instead of trying to think about competing."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Novak Djokovic Receives Peugeot 107 Pedal Car For His Newborn
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS