NBA News: Derrick Rose Won't Help in Recruiting Free Agents, Carmelo Anthony
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 30, 2014 3:30 PM EST
Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose stressed that he won't help recruit any free-agent this summer, though he admits he liked the tenacity of Carmelo Anthony everytime he steps on the floor, the former MVP said in an interview with Yahoo Sports on Sunday.
Chicago's Derrick Rose
Rose, who is expected to play the start of the season after missing 72 games due to an MCL injury, said he won' be involved in the recruiting process but he's very much willing to play with a new teammate next season.
"I love Melo's game," Rose said. "He's a great player. Takes the game serious. He's consistent. He shoots the ball great. I love his heart. I can play with anybody, no matter who it is. I believe I can play with anyone if they step on the court with me."
The Bulls are among the teams being linked to Anthony since last season. With a core of Rose and Defensive Player of the Year Joakim Noah, the Bulls are certainly an ideal destination for a championship-hungry Anthony.
When asked about his progress from injury, Rose promised to play on Day 1 of the season, though he is not sure if he's going to participate with Team USA in the FIBA World Cup.
"I still don't know yet," Rose told Yahoo Sports at the Drew Gooden Foundation Basketball Camp on Sunday. "If I'm feeling right and the time is [right], for sure I will go out there. My body is responding good, but you never know.
"Right now, I haven't really thought about that. I am just worrying about just trying to get back every day and I'm really taking rehab one day at a time instead of trying to think about competing."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air