NBA Free Agency: Rockets, Lakers Frontrunners To Sign Trevor Ariza
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 30, 2014 3:26 PM EST
Soon-to-be free agent forward Trevor Ariza has reportedly drawn interest of the Houston Rockets, Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers, a source close to situation disclosed on Sunday.
NBA: Playoffs-Portland Trail Blazers at Houston Rockets
Ariza, who averaged 14.4 points and 6.2 rebounds last season with the Washing Wizards, will hit the free-agency market on July 1, and there are at least three teams interested to take his service.
The Rockets, Lakers and Clippers are the front runners to get Ariza, who can contribute on both ends of the floor. Aside from these teams, the Dallas Mavericks Detroit Pistons and Phoenix Suns are other teams with the cap space to offer Ariza with big amount of money.
Still, the Lakers have the best shot to get the versatile small forward, who won an NBA championship during his tenure with the franchise. Moreover, Ariza has the respect of Lakers star Kobe Bryant.
Then again, the Lakers are expected to try first in snatching either Carmelo Anthony or LeBron James before falling back to other options in this very loaded free-agency market.
"If they are unable to land Anthony or James, the Lakers are also expected to have a strong interest in Washington free-agent forward Trevor Ariza, Raptors guard Kyle Lowry, Detroit center Greg Monroe and Phoenix forward Channing Frye, according to sources via ESPN.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match