NBA News: Wizards Exercise Option to Retain Andre Miller
By Lou Ramon Aguila | June 30, 2014 3:26 PM EST
The Washington Wizards are expected to pick up their option on Andre Miller's contract next season, the veteran point guard's agent Andy Miller told CSNWashington.
"The Wizards have let Andre Miller know that they'll keep him past Saturday, when his $2MM partial guarantee for next season jumps to a full guarantee on his $4.625MM salary, agent Andy Miller tells J. Michael of CSNWashington.com."
NBA: Playoffs-Indiana Pacers at Washington Wizards
With John Wall living up to his potential last season, the Wizards have become a much better team for the first time since the Gilbert Arenas era. Miller, who was traded to the Wizards by the Nuggets, played a solid job backing up the youngster, and his 14 PER proved his production in limited minutes.
According to a source, the Wizards originally planned to part ways with Miller but their failure to draft Spence Dinwiddie forced them to draft and stash Tomas Satoransky and exercise their option on Miller.
"Michael suggests that the deal Wizards draft-and-stash prospect Tomas Satoransky has with a team in Spain coupled with the team's failure to land preferred draft target Spencer Dinwiddie helped make the team's decision regarding Miller easier," via Hoops Rumors.
Aside from Miller, the Wizards are also looking to re-sign center Marcin Gortat and Trevor Ariza, who are both attracting interests from several teams.
"The Wizards appear to be making a strong push to re-sign both Marcin Gortat and Trevor Ariza, one made even more important with today's news of Martell Webster's back surgery, and the savings that could be reaped from waiving Miller might have come in handy," Hoops Rumors added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Chelsea FC Injury Update: Diego Costa Fully Fit Ahead Of West Brom Clash, Says Mourinho
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Product Recall: Graco Recalls Baby Strollers in Canada, U.S. Due To Amputation Risks
- New Zealand Assured China-Australia Deal Will Not Affect Demand
- New Zealand Medicine Products Sector To Get Own Regulator::Drops Plan For A Joint Regulator With Australia
- Canada's Ontario Students Score High Rank In Global Survey Of Computer Skills