Fifty Shades of Grey Eloise Mumford Talks Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele; Reveals Movie is ‘Love Story’ Not Porn
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 30, 2014 3:17 PM EST
With the E.L. James trilogy being dubbed as "mommy porn" in the U.S., the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie has been projected to make a show of the erotic scenes that has made the book a hit and one of the most-talked about. But apparently, recent revelations, particularly Eloise Mumford's, share a different perspective as to what the movie will be about.
E. L. James, author of Fifty Shades of Grey, poses for photographers during a book signing in London on Sept. 6, 2012.
Fifty Shades of Grey Author E. L. James Earns Over £33M in One Year; Seals Spot on List of Britain’s Richest Authors
Mumford, playing Anastasia Steele's (Dakota Johnson) roommate in "Fifty Shades," recently talked to E!'s Marc Malkin, concerning the cast and the plot of the Sam Taylor-Johnson highly-anticipated film.
"[Fifty Shades of Grey] really is a romance and a love story so it's about that more than anything," Eloise Mumford told E! in an interview.
And though tight-lipped when it comes to details of the movie, the 27-year-old playing the role of Kate Kavanagh in "Fifty Shades of Grey," revealed that Sam Taylor-Johnson is a "great director," and the movie adaptation of E.L. James novel will be "tasteful and artistic."
Eloise Mumford also talked about her co-stars Jamie Dornan and Dakota Johnson, playing Christian Grey and Anastasia Steele, respectively, telling E! that Dornan and Johnson are the "perfect pair" to play the roles of the sexy billionaire Christian and the virginal college student Anastasia.
In a 2012 Forbes article, there was a question whether the "Fifty Shades" trilogy will make "mommy porn" the next big thing.
"[Fifty Shades] has hit a chord with mainstream women who are not so shy about talking about sex," Liate Stehlik, SVP and publisher of William Morrow and Avon Books, told the publication. "Trends in fiction are cyclical, so publishers see this as an opportunity and want to capitalize on it."
According to Eloise Mumford's statement, fans of the erotica novel will not be treated to a Christian-Anastasia "mommy porn" movie ride. "Fifty Shades" fans, however, may get a chance to watch something that will not be based only on sex, but also on love.
Though the book has been significantly erotic, focusing on the dominant and submissive, one proof that the "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie is being more on the safe side is the recent movie still of Jamie Dornan that apparently, based on fans' comments on various social media sites, has been a disappointment.
The official movie still, released on the fictional character's birthday, showed Dornan as Christian Grey, sitting behind his black Audi R8 Spyder. But fans had not been too happy about it as apparently they were expecting to see something that is more on the sexy side.
The highly-anticipated and highly-criticised "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie is set to hit theatres on Valentine's Day 2015.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Joan Rivers Left $150 Million Legacy To Her Only Child, Care For Her Four Pooches Included In Her Will
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 15-19, 2014: Ava And Morgan Talk About The Baby
- Kendall Jenner Distances Self From The Kardashians, Prefers Kim Kardashian West To Be Absent In Her Modelling Shows
- Paul Walker's Daughter Paid Heart Touching Tribute To Her Father On His Birthday
- Kim Kardashian-West Frantically Tries For Second Baby To Match Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Timeline
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List