Tori Spelling's Shocking Spending Habits Revealed by Mother, Irresponsible Spending Caused by 'Measly' Inheritance
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 2:35 PM EST
Heiress turned Lifetime reality star, Tori Spelling claimed once that her family got so broke they could not afford to get her husband, Dean McDermott a vasectomy. Her mom, Candy Spelling however had it in her mind that Tori's money problems are her own doing. Candy spilled to why her daughter cannot hang onto money New York Times and revealed some very shocking information on how Tory used to spend her money.
"She would close a store and drop $50,000 to $60,000," Candy shared to the New York Times. "I never did anything like that. She just went crazy."
How Tori spent made her mom, 68, decide that she should only inherit $800,000 from her late TV producer father Aaron Spelling's multi-million dollar estate after passing away in 2006.
Candy's revelation put things into perspective. It puts into question why despite her money woes, Tori, 41, just spent $6,000 to throw her oldest daughter, Stella a party on her 6th birthday.
Before that infamous party however, Tori claimed she has been trying to reign in her spending habits, especially after their lawyer told her and her husband that they would not be able to afford Dean a vasectomy.
"I haven't bought a purse in three years, and it's fine," said Tori to People magazine, adding, "I look back at that girl who shopped at Gucci in my 20s, and I can't even relate. I can't believe I thought it was important."
While Tori knows she should change her spending habits, she had once justified how she spent her money.
"It's not my fault I'm an uptown girl stuck in a midtown life," stated Tori. "I was raised in opulence. My standards are ridiculously high. We can't afford that lifestyle, but when you grow up silver spoon it's hard to go plastic."
Aside from their financial concerns, Tori and McDermott, 47, are now engaged in a marital crisis. Married for already 8 years, the two are struggling to repair their relationship after the said actor cheated on Tori with a younger woman in their Lifetime reality show, "True Tori."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- Tom Cruise and Lindsay Lohan Not Likely Dating, Despite Reports
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles