Orange is the New Black: It is Again Limited Pornstache Screen Time in Season 3
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 30, 2014 2:30 PM EST
The Season 2 of "Orange is the New Black" did not feature much of Pablo Schreiber, who plays George "Pornstache" Mendez. And, the actor is unlikely to appear in more number of episodes in Season 3, as well. This is despite Pornstache's mom making an appearance in the upcoming season.
Cast member Uzo Aduba speaks, as co-stars (from L-R) Natasha Lyonne, Laverne Cox, Danielle Brooks and Laura Prepon applaud, as they accept the award for Best Comedy Series for "Orange Is the New Black" at the 4th Annual Critics' Choice Television Awards at the Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California June 19, 2014.
Speaking about his role in Season 3 of Netflix's original drama-comedy, the actor revealed to Vulture that he is starring in HBO's "The Brink" as a series regular. Schreiber also has no clue about what his character's mother will do in the show. As previously reported, Mary Steenburgen has been roped in for Season 3 to play Pornstache's mom.
"I'm a series regular now on a show called The Brink on HBO. But his mother is making an appearance on season three. Mary Steenburgen has been cast as my mom. I'm not sure what she'll do that will advance the Pornstache plotline, but for now, Mendez is in prison, biding his time," Schreiber said to Vulture.
Schreiber jokingly agreed to Vulture's theory that Pornstache's mother may try to win the custody of Daya and Bennett's baby, as she thinks that it is her son who is the father of the baby. The actor also said that his character will make a good father. Pornstache will be an "amazing" and a "doting" father, according to Schreiber.
"I think he's very interested in legacy, like he wants to make as many mini-Pornstaches as he can. Get all kinds of people out there just transforming the U.S. justice system in as many ways as possible," Schreiber said.
Meanwhile, Jason Biggs, who plays Larry in the show, is not sure if his character will be there in Season 3 or not. He has yet to begin filming his scenes for the new season. The production for the new season is currently underway.
"It's very unclear at this point, even for me," Biggs said to Entertainment Weekly when asked if Larry will be in Season 3 or not, ""I have not shot anything yet, no."
The fans' favourite Laura Prepon, however, is returning as a series regular. She was seen only in a few scenes in Season 2 of "Orange is the New Black," which was released on June 06, 2014.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People