Beyonce & Jay Z Lead BET Awards Amid Divorce Buzz, Rapper Cuts All Ties with Rachel Roy - Reports
By Riza Ornos | June 30, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Currently on their highly-anticipated "On the Run" tour, power couple Beyonce and Jay Z are making a lot waves on their latest family feud, cheating allegations and nominations on the 2014 BET Awards. Although the couple may seem very happy on their public appearance, everybody knows that everything is not "perfect" in paradise and is allegedly in couple's therapy according to various reports.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Based on the recent news, Jay Z reportedly cut all the ties with Rachel Roy, the woman behind the elevator brawl between the rapper and Beyonce's sister Solange.
"This time around, Jay has gone so above and beyond to try and prove to Beyonce that he doesn't want to lose her," Celebdirty Laundry reports. "He has told Rachel Roy that their cozy dinners and late night calls are over and even deleted her from his phone in an attempt to prove just how serious he is."
The couple recently made headlines while on tour when they famously dissed Canadian crooner Justin Bieber by featuring his mugshot in their concert's montage. Together with Robert Downey Jr., Tupac Shakur, Bill Gates and 50 Cent, the "Baby" singer to the long list of artist and while his photo was on the big screen Beyonce told the fans: "Even the greatest can fall."
Some "Beliebers" called it "disrespectful" while others agreed with the 32-year-old singer and tweeted: "She is totally right. Respect," and "She was proving a point, it was not an Insult." The duo gave a powerful performance for the kick-off of their tour in Miami with 42-set song list and surprise home videos that features the birth of Blue Ivy and their never-before-seen wedding clips.
While on their tour, Beyonce and Jay Z are leading the nomination on this year's BET awards together with Drake with five nods each. Scheduled to be held on Sunday, at the Nokia Theater at L.A. Live, both Drake and Jay Z are nominated for Best Male Hip-Hop Artist, along with Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole and future.
Beyonce is up for Best Female R&B/pop artist, together with K. Michelle, Tamar Braxton, Janelle Monae, JheneAiko and Rihanna. She is also a double nominee for her video for "Partition" and her collaboration with her husband "Drunk on Love." Chris Rock is set to host the annual event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch