Beyonce & Jay Z Lead BET Awards Amid Divorce Buzz, Rapper Cuts All Ties with Rachel Roy - Reports
By Riza Ornos | June 30, 2014 2:25 PM EST
Currently on their highly-anticipated "On the Run" tour, power couple Beyonce and Jay Z are making a lot waves on their latest family feud, cheating allegations and nominations on the 2014 BET Awards. Although the couple may seem very happy on their public appearance, everybody knows that everything is not "perfect" in paradise and is allegedly in couple's therapy according to various reports.
Jay Z and Beyonce Knowles arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York, May 5, 2014.
Based on the recent news, Jay Z reportedly cut all the ties with Rachel Roy, the woman behind the elevator brawl between the rapper and Beyonce's sister Solange.
"This time around, Jay has gone so above and beyond to try and prove to Beyonce that he doesn't want to lose her," Celebdirty Laundry reports. "He has told Rachel Roy that their cozy dinners and late night calls are over and even deleted her from his phone in an attempt to prove just how serious he is."
The couple recently made headlines while on tour when they famously dissed Canadian crooner Justin Bieber by featuring his mugshot in their concert's montage. Together with Robert Downey Jr., Tupac Shakur, Bill Gates and 50 Cent, the "Baby" singer to the long list of artist and while his photo was on the big screen Beyonce told the fans: "Even the greatest can fall."
Some "Beliebers" called it "disrespectful" while others agreed with the 32-year-old singer and tweeted: "She is totally right. Respect," and "She was proving a point, it was not an Insult." The duo gave a powerful performance for the kick-off of their tour in Miami with 42-set song list and surprise home videos that features the birth of Blue Ivy and their never-before-seen wedding clips.
While on their tour, Beyonce and Jay Z are leading the nomination on this year's BET awards together with Drake with five nods each. Scheduled to be held on Sunday, at the Nokia Theater at L.A. Live, both Drake and Jay Z are nominated for Best Male Hip-Hop Artist, along with Kendrick Lamar, J. Cole and future.
Beyonce is up for Best Female R&B/pop artist, together with K. Michelle, Tamar Braxton, Janelle Monae, JheneAiko and Rihanna. She is also a double nominee for her video for "Partition" and her collaboration with her husband "Drunk on Love." Chris Rock is set to host the annual event.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- Meizu MX4 Pro To Arrive In November In Black And White Colours, Features Higher Than QHD Display, Exynos 5430 SoC And 3 GB RAM
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia