Eminem’s Daughter, Hailie Graduates Summa Cum Laude, Claims Parents Served as Good Influence and Motivation
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Eminem, despite his hard past, managed to raise an overachiever and well-adjusted daughter in Hailie Jade Scott Mathers, 18. According to News.com.au, Eminem attended his daughter's graduation from the Chippewa Valley High School and was very proud.
Rapper Eminem performs 'Not Afraid' at the 2010 BET Awards in Los Angeles June 27, 2010.
The rapper's Instagram account is replete with live performances, tattoos and soccer matches, but one photo recently stood out - Hailie Jade Scott Mather's graduation photo. Hailie is said to be graduating from high school with flying colours: a summa cum laude, a good volleyball player, and a student leader. She was also crowned Homecoming queen last October and earned the Department of Psychology Award at graduation. It was not surprising that Eminem was very proud.
Hailie, because of her achievements, earned a short profile in the most recent issue of the Chippewa Valley High School newsletter. Here she wrote how influential her parents are to her achievements. She listed the "most influential people during my lifetime" are her parents, Eminem or Marshall Mathers in real life and her mother, Kimberly Scott - "because they have pushed me to be the person I am and have given me all the support to achieve what I have."
Hailie said she also plans to attend Michigan State University to study psychology or entrepreneurship.
On Hailie's big day, Eminem also made sure all spotlight and attention was with her. He did attend the graduation of her daughter but instead of making everyone aware of his presence on the premises, Eminem made sure he would not cause a scene to ruin the moment for her daughter, Lansing State Journal reports.
Macomb Daily News reported one parent to have said: "Hailie came out with her mother Kim (Scott) when she was introduced with all the other kids but her father watched from inside the school because he didn't want to cause a scene - he wanted Hailie to have her own moment."
"I heard our people had him in the cafeteria so he could see what was going on outside, but I can't confirm that," shared George Sobah, president of the Chippewa Valley Board of Education.
One more parent is convinced Eminem was in the event. The parent reported that Eminem "opened the door and looked out like - 'That's my daughter!' He just looked like a proud father."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Plot Update: Sexy Scenes Revealed, Jamie Dornan Kisses Dakota Johnson In Reshoot
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop