Eminem’s Daughter, Hailie Graduates Summa Cum Laude, Claims Parents Served as Good Influence and Motivation
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Eminem, despite his hard past, managed to raise an overachiever and well-adjusted daughter in Hailie Jade Scott Mathers, 18. According to News.com.au, Eminem attended his daughter's graduation from the Chippewa Valley High School and was very proud.
Rapper Eminem performs 'Not Afraid' at the 2010 BET Awards in Los Angeles June 27, 2010.
The rapper's Instagram account is replete with live performances, tattoos and soccer matches, but one photo recently stood out - Hailie Jade Scott Mather's graduation photo. Hailie is said to be graduating from high school with flying colours: a summa cum laude, a good volleyball player, and a student leader. She was also crowned Homecoming queen last October and earned the Department of Psychology Award at graduation. It was not surprising that Eminem was very proud.
Hailie, because of her achievements, earned a short profile in the most recent issue of the Chippewa Valley High School newsletter. Here she wrote how influential her parents are to her achievements. She listed the "most influential people during my lifetime" are her parents, Eminem or Marshall Mathers in real life and her mother, Kimberly Scott - "because they have pushed me to be the person I am and have given me all the support to achieve what I have."
Hailie said she also plans to attend Michigan State University to study psychology or entrepreneurship.
On Hailie's big day, Eminem also made sure all spotlight and attention was with her. He did attend the graduation of her daughter but instead of making everyone aware of his presence on the premises, Eminem made sure he would not cause a scene to ruin the moment for her daughter, Lansing State Journal reports.
Macomb Daily News reported one parent to have said: "Hailie came out with her mother Kim (Scott) when she was introduced with all the other kids but her father watched from inside the school because he didn't want to cause a scene - he wanted Hailie to have her own moment."
"I heard our people had him in the cafeteria so he could see what was going on outside, but I can't confirm that," shared George Sobah, president of the Chippewa Valley Board of Education.
One more parent is convinced Eminem was in the event. The parent reported that Eminem "opened the door and looked out like - 'That's my daughter!' He just looked like a proud father."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS