Eminem’s Daughter, Hailie Graduates Summa Cum Laude, Claims Parents Served as Good Influence and Motivation
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Eminem, despite his hard past, managed to raise an overachiever and well-adjusted daughter in Hailie Jade Scott Mathers, 18. According to News.com.au, Eminem attended his daughter's graduation from the Chippewa Valley High School and was very proud.
Rapper Eminem performs 'Not Afraid' at the 2010 BET Awards in Los Angeles June 27, 2010.
The rapper's Instagram account is replete with live performances, tattoos and soccer matches, but one photo recently stood out - Hailie Jade Scott Mather's graduation photo. Hailie is said to be graduating from high school with flying colours: a summa cum laude, a good volleyball player, and a student leader. She was also crowned Homecoming queen last October and earned the Department of Psychology Award at graduation. It was not surprising that Eminem was very proud.
Hailie, because of her achievements, earned a short profile in the most recent issue of the Chippewa Valley High School newsletter. Here she wrote how influential her parents are to her achievements. She listed the "most influential people during my lifetime" are her parents, Eminem or Marshall Mathers in real life and her mother, Kimberly Scott - "because they have pushed me to be the person I am and have given me all the support to achieve what I have."
Hailie said she also plans to attend Michigan State University to study psychology or entrepreneurship.
On Hailie's big day, Eminem also made sure all spotlight and attention was with her. He did attend the graduation of her daughter but instead of making everyone aware of his presence on the premises, Eminem made sure he would not cause a scene to ruin the moment for her daughter, Lansing State Journal reports.
Macomb Daily News reported one parent to have said: "Hailie came out with her mother Kim (Scott) when she was introduced with all the other kids but her father watched from inside the school because he didn't want to cause a scene - he wanted Hailie to have her own moment."
"I heard our people had him in the cafeteria so he could see what was going on outside, but I can't confirm that," shared George Sobah, president of the Chippewa Valley Board of Education.
One more parent is convinced Eminem was in the event. The parent reported that Eminem "opened the door and looked out like - 'That's my daughter!' He just looked like a proud father."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- The Bachelor Update: Find Out if Juan Pablo and Nikki Ferrell Are Still With Each Other
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’