Eminem’s Daughter, Hailie Graduates Summa Cum Laude, Claims Parents Served as Good Influence and Motivation
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 2:21 PM EST
Eminem, despite his hard past, managed to raise an overachiever and well-adjusted daughter in Hailie Jade Scott Mathers, 18. According to News.com.au, Eminem attended his daughter's graduation from the Chippewa Valley High School and was very proud.
Rapper Eminem performs 'Not Afraid' at the 2010 BET Awards in Los Angeles June 27, 2010.
The rapper's Instagram account is replete with live performances, tattoos and soccer matches, but one photo recently stood out - Hailie Jade Scott Mather's graduation photo. Hailie is said to be graduating from high school with flying colours: a summa cum laude, a good volleyball player, and a student leader. She was also crowned Homecoming queen last October and earned the Department of Psychology Award at graduation. It was not surprising that Eminem was very proud.
Hailie, because of her achievements, earned a short profile in the most recent issue of the Chippewa Valley High School newsletter. Here she wrote how influential her parents are to her achievements. She listed the "most influential people during my lifetime" are her parents, Eminem or Marshall Mathers in real life and her mother, Kimberly Scott - "because they have pushed me to be the person I am and have given me all the support to achieve what I have."
Hailie said she also plans to attend Michigan State University to study psychology or entrepreneurship.
On Hailie's big day, Eminem also made sure all spotlight and attention was with her. He did attend the graduation of her daughter but instead of making everyone aware of his presence on the premises, Eminem made sure he would not cause a scene to ruin the moment for her daughter, Lansing State Journal reports.
Macomb Daily News reported one parent to have said: "Hailie came out with her mother Kim (Scott) when she was introduced with all the other kids but her father watched from inside the school because he didn't want to cause a scene - he wanted Hailie to have her own moment."
"I heard our people had him in the cafeteria so he could see what was going on outside, but I can't confirm that," shared George Sobah, president of the Chippewa Valley Board of Education.
One more parent is convinced Eminem was in the event. The parent reported that Eminem "opened the door and looked out like - 'That's my daughter!' He just looked like a proud father."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People