Sony Xperia Z3 to Succeed Xperia Z2: 10 Features from Android L, New Design and Longer Battery
By Ryan Inoyori | June 30, 2014 2:18 PM EST
New reports claim that Sony Xperia Z3 will succeed Xperia Z2 and may not feature the same iconic design found on Xperia devices in 2013 and 2014. Xperia Z3 may likely boasts new hardware parts, new software and updated Sony native applications.
Sony Mobile's Upcoming New Design
Earlier this year, Sony Mobile's Creative Director Kurozumi Yoshiro revealed interesting facts about future Xperia devices. According to his statements from Watch Impress, Xperia Z2's current design factor will unlikely to be carried on the next flagship smartphone for the second half of 2014.
Yoshiro believes that the intense speed of evolution of the market and industry, Sony must keep up on the updating their flagship devices by releasing a successor every six months. Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2 have a six-month gap from each other which indicates a successor on September 2014.
Sony Xperia Z3
Although the name Xperia Z3 is not yet official, Android Origin claims that a new set of models from Sony have been certified in the TUV Rheinland which are D6603, D6643, D6616 and D6653.
These alleged certified devices are not yet announced and numbered close to the D65XX of Xperia Z2. Moreover, a new flagship successor will also present multiple variants such as a new Xperia tablet and a new mini version like Xperia Z1 Compact.
There are several improvements Xperia loyalists can expect on the upcoming successor based on the pattern Sony used before on Xperia Z, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2.
1. Android L version to succeed Android KitKat on Xperia Z2.
2. New Xperia Home UI changes similar to the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean overhaul.
3. Upgraded processor cores which may have 64-bit processing speed due to Qualcomm's upcoming models.
4. Higher RAM chipset such as 4 GB supported by the new 64-bit processor.
5. Improved battery life contributed by a newer STAMINA mode, Project Volta and ART runtime on Android L.
6. New virtual keyboard based on the mechanics from Android L.
7. Bluetooth Broadcasting for peripheral devices such as pedometer or health monitor.
8. OpenGL ES 3.1 graphics support.
9. Smoother loading of apps due to the new ART runtime support.
10. Upgraded notifications centre, lock screen and home screen areas.
If Sony Mobile keeps the track on updating Xperia line-up every six months, alleged Xperia Z3 is likely to be announced around August or September with expected official release on the following month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report