Sony Xperia Z3 to Succeed Xperia Z2: 10 Features from Android L, New Design and Longer Battery
By Ryan Inoyori | June 30, 2014 2:18 PM EST
New reports claim that Sony Xperia Z3 will succeed Xperia Z2 and may not feature the same iconic design found on Xperia devices in 2013 and 2014. Xperia Z3 may likely boasts new hardware parts, new software and updated Sony native applications.
Sony Mobile's Upcoming New Design
Earlier this year, Sony Mobile's Creative Director Kurozumi Yoshiro revealed interesting facts about future Xperia devices. According to his statements from Watch Impress, Xperia Z2's current design factor will unlikely to be carried on the next flagship smartphone for the second half of 2014.
Yoshiro believes that the intense speed of evolution of the market and industry, Sony must keep up on the updating their flagship devices by releasing a successor every six months. Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2 have a six-month gap from each other which indicates a successor on September 2014.
Sony Xperia Z3
Although the name Xperia Z3 is not yet official, Android Origin claims that a new set of models from Sony have been certified in the TUV Rheinland which are D6603, D6643, D6616 and D6653.
These alleged certified devices are not yet announced and numbered close to the D65XX of Xperia Z2. Moreover, a new flagship successor will also present multiple variants such as a new Xperia tablet and a new mini version like Xperia Z1 Compact.
There are several improvements Xperia loyalists can expect on the upcoming successor based on the pattern Sony used before on Xperia Z, Xperia Z1 and Xperia Z2.
1. Android L version to succeed Android KitKat on Xperia Z2.
2. New Xperia Home UI changes similar to the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean overhaul.
3. Upgraded processor cores which may have 64-bit processing speed due to Qualcomm's upcoming models.
4. Higher RAM chipset such as 4 GB supported by the new 64-bit processor.
5. Improved battery life contributed by a newer STAMINA mode, Project Volta and ART runtime on Android L.
6. New virtual keyboard based on the mechanics from Android L.
7. Bluetooth Broadcasting for peripheral devices such as pedometer or health monitor.
8. OpenGL ES 3.1 graphics support.
9. Smoother loading of apps due to the new ART runtime support.
10. Upgraded notifications centre, lock screen and home screen areas.
If Sony Mobile keeps the track on updating Xperia line-up every six months, alleged Xperia Z3 is likely to be announced around August or September with expected official release on the following month.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
- Miranda Kerr Broke Her Silence: Not Pregnant With James Packard’s Baby [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6