Kim Kardashian's Stance on Racism Based on Baby Daughter North West's Harrowing Experience on Plane
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 1:46 PM EST
Kim Kardashian had taken on a personal stance against racism last month on her blog and wrote a lengthy piece about it. However, what triggered that blog was not specified. Everyone just assumed that was because she was set to marry Kanye West then. However, a new report by Mirror UK claimed that it was rather Kim Kardashian's experience of having a woman went to the hysterics against her daughter, baby Nori that specifically triggered this blog post.
Singer Kanye West and reality television actress Kim Kardashian arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Benefit celebrating the opening of ''PUNK: Chaos to Couture'' in New York, May 6, 2013.
According to Mirror UK, baby Nori was subjected to some verbal and racist abuse when she was on a plane with mom, Kim Kardashian just because she is "Kanye West's baby" and "black." On an upcoming preview of the Kardashian family's reality show, Kim shared to Khloe the harrowing experience. Khloe is observed to be agitated by the story and could not stop herself from making violent comments.
Kim shared, "I fell asleep, I woke up to this woman screaming, 'Kanye West's baby!' The woman is screaming at my child, I jump up."
Upon hearing this, Khloe cannot contain herself and said, "I would've punched her in her face."
Kim said she would have too, but she was able to keep her anger in check.
Kris herself added to details to the racist story. Kris shared, "This lady stood up in the cabin in first class and yelled at the top of her lungs, "She's with a black guy, and that baby is black! And you need to shut that black baby up!'"
Khloe, who cannot contain herself again, said: "I would say, hashtag, "I only like black c***! That's what I would say!"
It can be remembered that in her blog post addressing racism last month, Kim wrote: "I never knew how much being a mom would change me."
"To be honest, before I had North, I never really gave racism or discrimination a lot of thought. It is obviously a topic that Kanye is passionate about, but I guess it was easier for me to believe that it was someone else's battle."
"But recently, I've read and personally experienced some incidents that have sickened me and made me take notice. I realize that racism and discrimination are still alive, and just as hateful and deadly as they ever have been."
She added, "I feel a responsibility as a mother, a public figure, a human being, to do what I can to make sure that not only my child, but all children, don't have to grow up in a world where they are judged by the color of their skin, or their gender, or their sexual orientation."
"I want my daughter growing up in a world where love for one another is the most important thing."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- The Bold and the Beautiful Spoilers for July 31, 2014: Plans, Conditions and Ultimatums in B&B [WATCH VIDEO]
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- The Bachelor Australia: Tim, Anna Relationship Update
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools