Box Office Report- Transformers Age of Extinction Opens with $300 Million Collection
By Sachin Trivedi | June 30, 2014 1:07 PM EST
The Sci-Fi adventure "Transformers: Age of Extinction" was at the top of the charts at the box office. The movie grossed an estimated $300 million worldwide. The movie was followed by "22 Jump Street" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
Cast members (L-R) Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Mark Wahlberg pose for pictures before the European premiere of the movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Berlin June 29, 2014. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
According to a report by Box Office Mojo, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" made over $100 million in the U.S and over $200 million from the international market, putting the total at $300 million for the opening weekend.
The movie follows the story of an automobile mechanic who may have stumbled upon an old Autobot. His discovery has a government agency go after him along with the Autobots. A new range of Decepticons come to earth and the Autobots get the help of never before seen robots called Dinobots to fight off their enemies.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" is followed closely by "22 Jump Street" at the box office. The movie has made a total of $194 million so far. $139 million comes from the U.S market while the remaining about $54 million comes from the international market.
"22 Jump Street" is an action comedy and follows the story of two young police officers who have to go undercover at a local college. Their partnership is tested when one of the officers falls in love at the college.
The animation movie "How to Train Your Dragon" 2 managed to place third at the box office. The movie has been able to collect over $227 million so far. $121 million of the total collection comes from the U.S market while the remaining $106 million comes from the international market.
"How to Train Your Dragon" 2 continues the adventures of the young Viking Hiccup and his dragon Toothless. They both discover a new threat in an ice cave, which is home to hundreds of wild dragons and a dragon rider.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will have to contend with upcoming movies like "Deliver Us from Evil" and "Earth to Echo" next week. Will the Sci-Fi movie be able to maintain its dominance at the box office?
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports