Box Office Report- Transformers Age of Extinction Opens with $300 Million Collection
By Sachin Trivedi | June 30, 2014 1:07 PM EST
The Sci-Fi adventure "Transformers: Age of Extinction" was at the top of the charts at the box office. The movie grossed an estimated $300 million worldwide. The movie was followed by "22 Jump Street" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
Cast members (L-R) Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Mark Wahlberg pose for pictures before the European premiere of the movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Berlin June 29, 2014. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
According to a report by Box Office Mojo, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" made over $100 million in the U.S and over $200 million from the international market, putting the total at $300 million for the opening weekend.
The movie follows the story of an automobile mechanic who may have stumbled upon an old Autobot. His discovery has a government agency go after him along with the Autobots. A new range of Decepticons come to earth and the Autobots get the help of never before seen robots called Dinobots to fight off their enemies.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" is followed closely by "22 Jump Street" at the box office. The movie has made a total of $194 million so far. $139 million comes from the U.S market while the remaining about $54 million comes from the international market.
"22 Jump Street" is an action comedy and follows the story of two young police officers who have to go undercover at a local college. Their partnership is tested when one of the officers falls in love at the college.
The animation movie "How to Train Your Dragon" 2 managed to place third at the box office. The movie has been able to collect over $227 million so far. $121 million of the total collection comes from the U.S market while the remaining $106 million comes from the international market.
"How to Train Your Dragon" 2 continues the adventures of the young Viking Hiccup and his dragon Toothless. They both discover a new threat in an ice cave, which is home to hundreds of wild dragons and a dragon rider.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will have to contend with upcoming movies like "Deliver Us from Evil" and "Earth to Echo" next week. Will the Sci-Fi movie be able to maintain its dominance at the box office?
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Male Tennis Players To Watch [PHOTOS]
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- Russia Massacres Ukrainian Volunteer Battalions—Surviving Members Alleged