Box Office Report- Transformers Age of Extinction Opens with $300 Million Collection
By Sachin Trivedi | June 30, 2014 1:07 PM EST
The Sci-Fi adventure "Transformers: Age of Extinction" was at the top of the charts at the box office. The movie grossed an estimated $300 million worldwide. The movie was followed by "22 Jump Street" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
Cast members (L-R) Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Mark Wahlberg pose for pictures before the European premiere of the movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Berlin June 29, 2014. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
According to a report by Box Office Mojo, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" made over $100 million in the U.S and over $200 million from the international market, putting the total at $300 million for the opening weekend.
The movie follows the story of an automobile mechanic who may have stumbled upon an old Autobot. His discovery has a government agency go after him along with the Autobots. A new range of Decepticons come to earth and the Autobots get the help of never before seen robots called Dinobots to fight off their enemies.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" is followed closely by "22 Jump Street" at the box office. The movie has made a total of $194 million so far. $139 million comes from the U.S market while the remaining about $54 million comes from the international market.
"22 Jump Street" is an action comedy and follows the story of two young police officers who have to go undercover at a local college. Their partnership is tested when one of the officers falls in love at the college.
The animation movie "How to Train Your Dragon" 2 managed to place third at the box office. The movie has been able to collect over $227 million so far. $121 million of the total collection comes from the U.S market while the remaining $106 million comes from the international market.
"How to Train Your Dragon" 2 continues the adventures of the young Viking Hiccup and his dragon Toothless. They both discover a new threat in an ice cave, which is home to hundreds of wild dragons and a dragon rider.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will have to contend with upcoming movies like "Deliver Us from Evil" and "Earth to Echo" next week. Will the Sci-Fi movie be able to maintain its dominance at the box office?
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 4: San Francisco Giants 11, Kansas City Royals 4 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- This Is Why Japanese Princess Masako Attended First Palace Banquet After 11 Years
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 3-7, 2014: Hunter Tylo Comes Back To 'B&B' As Dr. Taylor Hamilton Hayes While Changes Are Being Made At Forrester Creations
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 30, 2014: Eric Names Rick The New CEO Of Forrester Creations After Finding Out About Ridge And Caroline [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Originals' Season 2: Joseph Morgan Talks About Nina Dobrev's Crossover, Julie Plec Reveals Which TVD Character She Wants In Spinoff Series
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’ Update: Louise And Blake To Make Their First Appearance As A Couple In Australia
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery