Box Office Report- Transformers Age of Extinction Opens with $300 Million Collection
By Sachin Trivedi | June 30, 2014 1:07 PM EST
The Sci-Fi adventure "Transformers: Age of Extinction" was at the top of the charts at the box office. The movie grossed an estimated $300 million worldwide. The movie was followed by "22 Jump Street" and "How to Train Your Dragon 2".
Cast members (L-R) Jack Reynor, Nicola Peltz and Mark Wahlberg pose for pictures before the European premiere of the movie "Transformers: Age of Extinction" in Berlin June 29, 2014. REUTERS/Thomas Peter
According to a report by Box Office Mojo, "Transformers: Age of Extinction" made over $100 million in the U.S and over $200 million from the international market, putting the total at $300 million for the opening weekend.
The movie follows the story of an automobile mechanic who may have stumbled upon an old Autobot. His discovery has a government agency go after him along with the Autobots. A new range of Decepticons come to earth and the Autobots get the help of never before seen robots called Dinobots to fight off their enemies.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" is followed closely by "22 Jump Street" at the box office. The movie has made a total of $194 million so far. $139 million comes from the U.S market while the remaining about $54 million comes from the international market.
"22 Jump Street" is an action comedy and follows the story of two young police officers who have to go undercover at a local college. Their partnership is tested when one of the officers falls in love at the college.
The animation movie "How to Train Your Dragon" 2 managed to place third at the box office. The movie has been able to collect over $227 million so far. $121 million of the total collection comes from the U.S market while the remaining $106 million comes from the international market.
"How to Train Your Dragon" 2 continues the adventures of the young Viking Hiccup and his dragon Toothless. They both discover a new threat in an ice cave, which is home to hundreds of wild dragons and a dragon rider.
"Transformers: Age of Extinction" will have to contend with upcoming movies like "Deliver Us from Evil" and "Earth to Echo" next week. Will the Sci-Fi movie be able to maintain its dominance at the box office?
Star Wars 7: Top 5 Roles Tom Cruise Can Play in the Upcoming Movie [Read]
Convicted 'Hot Mugshot Guy' Jeremy Meeks May Become a Model and Earn $30k per Month [Read]
Bride-to-be Dies in a Tragic Accident on the Way to Bachelorette Party [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy Hearsays: Possible Evidence Revealed [PHOTOS]
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People