Twitter Followers Increase after Sherlock, Molly Kiss Scene, More of Molly in Sherlock Season 4 [VIDEO]
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 30, 2014 1:00 PM EST
The much talked about premiere episode of "Sherlock" Season 3, "The Empty Hearse," featured the kiss between Sherlock [Benedict Cumberbatch] and Molly Hooper [Louise Brealey]. The scene was part of one of Anderson's theories about how Sherlock must have escaped his death. In the scene, Sherlock, who is tied to a bungee jumping chord, smashes through the window to enter Molly's lab. Before walking away from there, Sherlock smooches Molly. Brealey saw an increase in her followers on Twitter after this kiss scene was aired.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
"I got 7,000 Twitter followers within five minutes of that kiss airing. It had doubled by the time the episode ended," Brealey said to Radio Times. "It went completely crackers when the show came out."
"Sherlock" fans are a possessive lot, as Amanda Abbington, who plays Mary in "Sherlock" found out. The actress reportedly received death threats, as the fans feared that her character would come between Sherlock and Watson and ruin their relationship.
"I got, 'She should die. How dare she play Mary Morstan? How dare she!'," Abbington had said to Mirror. "They take the John and Sherlock storyline so seriously that they wouldn't want anyone coming between them."
However for Brealey, it was a different experience. She received a lot of comments on Twitter but there were no death threats. They were congratulatory tweets, according to the actress. This perhaps has to do with fans not seeing Molly as a threat.
"She's unthreatening. She's an ordinary woman experiencing the agony of unrequited love, and most of us have been there," Brealey said.
Molly is expected to have more screen time in "Sherlock" Season 4. After Season 3 wrapped-up, Steven Moffat, co-creator of "Sherlock," had indicated that Molly will become an important part of the show.
"One difficulty in adapting Sherlock Holmes is that there are no women in the original stories. You really do not have the female perspective on them and they are a little flat when they show up. Yet, every time a woman appears in Sherlock, it works hugely well," Moffat had said to TV Guide.
Meanwhile, the filming of "Sherlock" Season 4 is yet to begin. According to reports, it is the busy acting schedule of Cumberbach and Martin Freeman that is delaying the filming of the new season.
Here is the Kiss Scene between Sherlock and Molly:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- G20 Summit in Nov: No Consensus to Bar Russia, Putin Open to Attend in Australia