Xbox One Gets Achievements, More Games for the Holidays and July Games with Gold
By Gel Galang | June 30, 2014 12:58 PM EST
Earlier this month, Microsoft has already teased what's coming to the Xbox One for its July updates, which explores the other aspects of the Snap function for Achievements.
An attendee uses her smartphone in front of a giant Microsoft Xbox sign at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
This time, the Xbox Wire reveals that a few more additions coming for the Xbox One includes one of the most requested community features: allowing the viewing of Xbox One data on Xbox.com.
It seems that more than a thousand Xbox One users have requested for this feature, as they don't want to always have to use their smartphones in order to access all the information, activity and achievements.
The first wave of features viewable through the Xbox,com include the Xbox One profile, Achievements, Friends and Followers and game clips-and this feature will be made available as early as next week.
Microsoft has also announced that feedback are still being welcomed, which could make it in time of the next expected update in August.
July Games with Gold Announced
Alongside the Xbox One July System Update, fans can also expect the July Games with Gold.
July will welcome in three new titles for the Xbox One and Xbox 360, as announced via Major Nelson's blog. The first is "Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition" will come to the Xbox One for free after Halo: Spartan Assault."
"Max: The Curse of Brotherhood" will still be available for download on the Xbox Live Gold, also for Xbox One players.
For the Xbox 360, the first free game from July 1st to 15th is "Gotham City Imposters," while July 16 to 31 will bring in "Battleblock Theater."
Holidays Mean More Games for Xbox One
If the games and new features are not enough, Microsoft has also prepared a few more announcements for Xbox One and Xbox 360 players, particularly a huge list of games coming out by the holidays.
The Official Xbox Magazine has spotted two lists, one that features the exclusive blockbuster games and other blockbusters games coming to the Xbox platforms.
There are nine exclusive titles coming to the Xbox One, as listed below:
- Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- Sunset Overdrive
- Forza Horizon 2
- Ori and the Blind Forest
- Dance Central Spotlight
- Disney's Fantasia: Music Evolved
- Project Spark
- Killer Instinct: Season 2
- Fable Legends (multiplayer beta)
The list for "other blockbuster games" (that is to say, games that will also be appearing on next-gen console rival PS4) have also been announced, including awaited games featured at the E3: "Assassin's Creed Unity," "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare," "Battlefield Hardline," "Destiny," "Far Cry 4," "Grand Theft Auto V," and "Madden NFL 15," to name a few.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Andy Roddick and Mardy Fish Can't Play in the U.S. Open Due to Drug Testing Issues
- Billy Bob Thornton Want to Play Hodor in Game Of Thrones
- Fukushima Radiation Tests on Waters Along U.S. Coast Yield Negative Results
- Zac Efron Equates Boozing to a Social Stimulant, Admits Why He Checked into Rehab Last Year
- Celebrities Who Stripped Naked for Women's Health