Miley Cyrus Ready to be a 'Dog Mom' Again, Showers with New Baby 'Emu'
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 12:39 PM EST
Miley Cyrus reportedly got more upset when she lost her dog Floyd compared to the time she broke up with her fiance, Liam Hemsworth. This goes to show how serious she takes the role of being a dog mom and how attached she can get to her pets. Losing Floyd hit Miley Cyrus so hard that she cannot take in a new dog immediately afterwards. However, the "Wrecking Ball" singer is now reportedly ready now and in comes puppy Emu, the name of the new dog, to her life. Miley Cyrus loves her new dog so much she has taken to showering with Emu together.
Miley Cyrus performs during the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada September 21, 2013.
According to Hollywood Life, Miley Cyrus is now ready to have a new dog after months of grieving Floyd, her dog of three years killed by a coyote. Miley Cyrus posted a picture of her snuggling with a new pet recently and turns out, this is the dog she finally opened her heart to after Floyd's death. Miley Cyrus tried once to open her heart to a new dog, Moonie, immediately after Floyd died but it did not work. She had to part ways with the pup because Miley cannot emotionally handle a new dog in her life at that time.
On June 28, Miley posted a picture of her snuggling with a fluffy brown-and-white dog on Instagram and captioned it with a really long message essentially saying how different the dog is from Floyd and why Floyd cannot be replaced. However, she also said she can love the new dog the same she loved Floyd. Here is the lengthy message, as reported by Hollywood Life:
"time to start making Emu accounts smilers. Hes here and here to stay. I welcomed Emu Coyne Cyrus into the family a couple days ago. Been keepin him a secret cause sometimes I'm weird like that. It's taken some time to be ready for this next step and loving again. There will never be anyone like Floyd. There was a bond that was so deep it's irreplaceable but that's not what I am trying to do. Never will I replace Floyd and that's something I had to take time to understand. we had a very special memorial service for Floyd and I felt my angel Floydy give Emu his blessing. I prayed to Floyd to just give him a touch of his awesomeness, and he has. He is so special and different than my baby Floyd and I think Floyd did that on purpose. But sometimes he does little things that remind me of him and it makes me smile. I'm blissed the out right now. I feel like this is a new beginning in so many ways. I feel a change coming on"
Aside from snuggling, Mail Online UK had shown a picture of the two taking a shower together. Emu will be joining Miley's other dogs, a b&w Pitt Bull called Mary Jane, a Rottweiler-beagle mix named Happy, and a Chihuahua mix called Bean.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- National Ice Cream Day: Most-Ordered Flavors and Toppings by Americans [See Photos]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
Join the Conversation
- Bachelorette 2014, Bachelor 2015 Spoilers: Andi Dorfman Hints at Next Bachelor; Find Out What He Thinks About the Job
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic says ‘Back in the Saddle’, Beckett, Castle Romance to Grow Stronger
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Orange is the New Black Update: Reality T.V. Star to Appear in Season 3, Actor Says Show can Run for Long Time, even with New Protagonist
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- End of Times Indicators: Japan’s Mount Fuji in ‘Critical State’ to Erupt, Could Affect At Least 1.2M People