Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Looking at X and Y’s Progress and the Battle of Legends Online
By Gel Galang | June 30, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Even though there's already a new Pokemon game in the horizon, the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," the regime of "Pokemon X and Y" seems to be far from over.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Players are still hooked with the game, especially as new competitions allow the most avid and serious players to compete to their fullest. In the latest post over at the official Pokemon Web site, the developers revealed that they are also interested in the progress of game after eight months of being with the gamers.
According to Game Freak's Junichi Masuda, one of the main reactions to "Pokemon X and Y" is that, even with three and a half years of development, gamers have been reaching Hall of Fame in just three days, allowing them to see the players' completion speed.
Not only that, the release of both the Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter had fueled the fire for the game. "I think people are continuing to enjoy battling, especially now that you can also bring along your favorite Pokemon from past games in the series and not just 'Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.'"
Battle Director Shigeki Morimoto adds that "Pokemon X and Y" also allowed them to add new features such as Mega Evolution and the Fairy type Pokemon, which further changed the battleground of the game.
In addition, "Pokemon X and Y" has also become the pioneer Pokemon game that adjusts the length of time in which Pokemons can be raised. The developers revealed that this was in consideration of gamers' evolving lifestyles, as videogamers also have other priorities in everyday life.
When it comes to the abilities of Pokemons, the developers are still making adjustments to the balance of the moves and abilities, especially those that are not being used as much. This allows for more strategies for players, which would be especially useful for competitive battling.
Hopefully these kinds of changes and new features will also reflect in the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" but more details are expected for the upcoming Pokemon game in the coming months leading to its release.
Battle of Legends Online Competition Announced
The latest tournament for "Pokemon X and Y" is has already been announced by The Pokemon Company," titled the Battle of Legends Online Competition.
Over at the official Pokemon Web site, it was announced that all available Pokemon is eligible to do battle from Kantos to Kalos-and yes, even the legendary and mythical Pokemons.
The Battle of Legends Online Competition will have Double Battles that allows all Pokemons except Diancie. Of course, there are a few exceptions when it comes to the kind of Pokemons allowed, to avoid overpowering a team. For instance, you can only have a maximum of two legendaries or mythical Pokemons combined in the Battle Box.
In addition, all the Pokemons in your party will have level 50 for the entire battle, even those that are above or below the set level.
Registration for the latest competition for "Pokemon X and Y' is already underway. You'll need to have a Pokemon Trainer Club account, the "Pokemon X and Y" and the eligible Pokemon to join.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'GTA V' For PC, PS4, Xbox One: More DLC Updates And Release Confirmed This Fall
- Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire May Not Be The Only Pokemon Game With This ‘Shocking’ Project
- 'Minecraft' 1.8 Update Gets 'Minecraft' 14w34b Snapshot, 'Minecraft PS Vita' Trailer And A Possible Oculus Rift Port
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. Asus Zenfone 4 Price And Specifications Comparison [WATCH VIDEOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. LG G2 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- Robin Williams Goodbye Video Hoax: Facebook Users Warned of Celebrity Suicide Exploitation
- 4 Killer Android Features Apple Fans Would Love to Get Come the iPhone 6 Release Date
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: AT&T/Sprint Release and When to Hit Your Region
- Motorola Moto X+1 On Release Date To Come With Snapdragon 800 Processor, 2 GB RAM, 4K Recording And 5.2-Inch Display