Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: Looking at X and Y’s Progress and the Battle of Legends Online
By Gel Galang | June 30, 2014 12:37 PM EST
Even though there's already a new Pokemon game in the horizon, the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire," the regime of "Pokemon X and Y" seems to be far from over.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, president and chief executive officer of The Pokemon Company and producer of Pokemon, introduces the new "Pokemon Art Academy" game during a news conference at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Players are still hooked with the game, especially as new competitions allow the most avid and serious players to compete to their fullest. In the latest post over at the official Pokemon Web site, the developers revealed that they are also interested in the progress of game after eight months of being with the gamers.
According to Game Freak's Junichi Masuda, one of the main reactions to "Pokemon X and Y" is that, even with three and a half years of development, gamers have been reaching Hall of Fame in just three days, allowing them to see the players' completion speed.
Not only that, the release of both the Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter had fueled the fire for the game. "I think people are continuing to enjoy battling, especially now that you can also bring along your favorite Pokemon from past games in the series and not just 'Pokemon X and Pokemon Y.'"
Battle Director Shigeki Morimoto adds that "Pokemon X and Y" also allowed them to add new features such as Mega Evolution and the Fairy type Pokemon, which further changed the battleground of the game.
In addition, "Pokemon X and Y" has also become the pioneer Pokemon game that adjusts the length of time in which Pokemons can be raised. The developers revealed that this was in consideration of gamers' evolving lifestyles, as videogamers also have other priorities in everyday life.
When it comes to the abilities of Pokemons, the developers are still making adjustments to the balance of the moves and abilities, especially those that are not being used as much. This allows for more strategies for players, which would be especially useful for competitive battling.
Hopefully these kinds of changes and new features will also reflect in the "Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire" but more details are expected for the upcoming Pokemon game in the coming months leading to its release.
Battle of Legends Online Competition Announced
The latest tournament for "Pokemon X and Y" is has already been announced by The Pokemon Company," titled the Battle of Legends Online Competition.
Over at the official Pokemon Web site, it was announced that all available Pokemon is eligible to do battle from Kantos to Kalos-and yes, even the legendary and mythical Pokemons.
The Battle of Legends Online Competition will have Double Battles that allows all Pokemons except Diancie. Of course, there are a few exceptions when it comes to the kind of Pokemons allowed, to avoid overpowering a team. For instance, you can only have a maximum of two legendaries or mythical Pokemons combined in the Battle Box.
In addition, all the Pokemons in your party will have level 50 for the entire battle, even those that are above or below the set level.
Registration for the latest competition for "Pokemon X and Y' is already underway. You'll need to have a Pokemon Trainer Club account, the "Pokemon X and Y" and the eligible Pokemon to join.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: Master Chief’ Collection Update Detailed As ‘Halo: Nightfall’ Continues To Roll
- ‘Destiny’ Dev Details Update; New Exotic Weapons Coming And New Speculations On Free Trial
- Official Android 5.0 Lollipop Update For HTC One Google Play Editions Delayed Due To New Software Request
- AT&T Nexus 6 Returned To Motorola Due To Software Bug: Black Screen And Failure To Connect To Service
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Guide: Continuous Breeding, Must See Places And TwitchPlays Pokemon Activity
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation