PS4 Games: Destiny’s Trophies, The Order: 1886’s Lycans and PlanetSide 2’s Microtransactions All Revealed
By Gel Galang | June 30, 2014 12:31 PM EST
With the PS4 and PS3 beta nearing, Bungie has already revealed the Trophies and Achievements that "Destiny" will bring to players.
A PlayStation 4 controller is displayed at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California, June 11, 2014.
Some of the Achievements include Relic Hunter, where you need to assist in capturing 20 capture points in Salvage, Hunter Killer, which is earned after 100 Hunters killed in PvP, and Strength of the Pack, where you need to complete a strike with a full fire team consisting of only your clan members.
There are a total of 40 Achievements and Trophies revealed for "Destiny" all of which can be accessed here.
This came during the developer's weekly update for "Destiny," along with a few choice announcements for the platforms of the game. The duration and length of the beta for "Destiny" is still undetermined, as Bungie announced over its official Web site.
"We're still locking down the final detail as we speak. Most of the big rocks are in place, but if you have an eye for detail, then you've likely already picked up on some of the clue 'carefully hidden' away," said the devs, pointing to the beta page of the Web site.
Lycans are Coming to 'The Order: 1886'
"The Order: 1886" developer Ready at Dawn is making progress as the demo has finally reached the public. Now the devs have recently released a new trailer featuring the half-breeds, Lycans.
Apart from showing off the Lycans in the latest trailer, Ready at Dawn has also announced via the PlayStation Blog the Premium Edition of the game where players can get the 13-inch statue "The Endless Duel"" which portrays the battle of Galahad and the Elder Lycan. Included in the Premium Edition of "The Order: 1886" are the 22-page art book, the Blackwater vial with a chain, Coat of Arms stickers, a Collectible Steelbook with the full game.
There are also some digital content, like the Knights Arsenal DLC, the official game soundtrack and the unreleased behind-the-scenes footage.
'PlanetSide 2' Dev Discusses Ports, Microtransactions and More
SOE's "PlanetSide 2" has touted itself as a free-to-play shooter with existing microtransactions within the game. Given that a number of players are very skeptical about how this will work in the gaming industry beyond mobile, SOE's Dan Oravasaari discusses what will happen with the microtransactions for the game.
In the exclusive interview with PlayStation Lifestyle, Oravasaari said, "[The microtransactions] will be exactly the same as to how they are on the PC version. so our market place will be exactly the same, it will incorporate all of the things we already put into the PC version, including the Player Studio items as well."
The only thing that will be different would be the timelines, as Oravasaari stated that restrictions and verifications that have to go through with Sony may give a slight delay for the items being pushed out on the PC version of "PlanetSide 2."
As far as DLCs are concerned, Oravasaari also said that there won't be paid DLCs, but there will definitely updates scheduled every two weeks to a month.
"We are constantly adding new weapons, new vehicles, new maps and we are adding a new map probably later this year-probably arodn the end of summer. It is called Hossin, our swamp map. So we are constantly adding those things in, and everything we do, we push it to the PS4 and it will all be free."
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Facebook To Charge Users Of $2.99 Monthly Fee On November 1; Best Free Alternatives For Facebook
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' What Players Can Expect Before November 18 Release Date
- 'World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Spoilers: 'WoD' In-Game Cinematics Revealed, Plus There's A Brewfest For The Horde And Alliance Players [WATCH VIDEOS]
- ‘Destiny’ v. ‘Battlefield Hardline’: The Queen’s Wrath Set And Treasure Cave Spotted; Hotwire Multiplayer Shows High Speed
- Microsoft Promises A Better ‘Minecraft,’ Game To Come to Windows Phone
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed
- Microsoft Doubles OneDrive Space To 30GB Due To iOS 8 Update Issues
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?