Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 30, 2014 12:28 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia XL or the Motorola Moto G, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Nokia XL comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326 ppi pixel display density compared to the 187 ppi pixel display density on the Nokia XL.
The Nokia XL comes with 141.4 x 77.7 x 10.9 mm dimensions and weighs 190 grams. The Motorola Moto G comes with 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm dimensions and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia XL is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core cortex A5 processor and Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Nokia XL runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 768 MB of RAM. The Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1 GB of RAM.
In terms of the computing power the Moto G has a slight edge over the Nokia XL. The quad core processor and a better RAM give the device a comparative edge.
The Nokia XL sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G also sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Nokia XL comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours on 3G. The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours.
Price in Australia
The Nokia XL Dual SIM is priced at around AU $229.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $249.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $299.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Samsung Galaxy S3: How to Resolve Battery Drain, Random Reboot, Wake Lag and Slow Performance
- Sony Xperia Z Android 4.4.2 KitKat Problems and Solutions: Battery Drain, Slow Performance, Overheating, Sound Bug and SD Card
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29