Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 30, 2014 12:28 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia XL or the Motorola Moto G, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Nokia XL comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326 ppi pixel display density compared to the 187 ppi pixel display density on the Nokia XL.
The Nokia XL comes with 141.4 x 77.7 x 10.9 mm dimensions and weighs 190 grams. The Motorola Moto G comes with 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm dimensions and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia XL is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core cortex A5 processor and Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Nokia XL runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 768 MB of RAM. The Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1 GB of RAM.
In terms of the computing power the Moto G has a slight edge over the Nokia XL. The quad core processor and a better RAM give the device a comparative edge.
The Nokia XL sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G also sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Nokia XL comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours on 3G. The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours.
Price in Australia
The Nokia XL Dual SIM is priced at around AU $229.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $249.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $299.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' Official Mac Release: More Features Aside From Pools Expected To Be Included
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Skype Gets A New Exclusive Feature On The Windows Phone
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop