Nokia XL vs. Motorola Moto G Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 30, 2014 12:28 PM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Nokia XL or the Motorola Moto G, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
Display and Design
The Nokia XL comes with a 5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution. The Motorola Moto G comes with a 4.5-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Moto G is the clear winner in this category with 326 ppi pixel display density compared to the 187 ppi pixel display density on the Nokia XL.
The Nokia XL comes with 141.4 x 77.7 x 10.9 mm dimensions and weighs 190 grams. The Motorola Moto G comes with 129.9 x 65.9 x 11.6 mm dimensions and weighs 143 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Nokia XL is equipped with a 1 GHz dual core cortex A5 processor and Qualcomm MSM8225 Snapdragon S4 Play chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto G is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB and 16 GB internal memory variants and no Micro SD slot for additional memory.
The Nokia XL runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 768 MB of RAM. The Motorola Moto G runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system, which can be upgraded to the KitKat version. The device has 1 GB of RAM.
In terms of the computing power the Moto G has a slight edge over the Nokia XL. The quad core processor and a better RAM give the device a comparative edge.
The Nokia XL sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 2 MP. The Motorola Moto G also sports a 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.3 MP.
The Nokia XL comes with a Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 13 hours on 3G. The Motorola Moto G comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 2070 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 24 hours.
Price in Australia
The Nokia XL Dual SIM is priced at around AU $229.95. The Motorola Moto G 8 GB variant is priced at around AU $249.95 and the 16 GB variant is priced at around AU $299.95 in Australia.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- Sony Xperia Z3 Launched In Japan Has 32 GB Storage Compared To 16 GB International Model
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports