The Blacklist Season 2 Update: Boone Says Red, Liz Relationship a Love Story
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 30, 2014 11:58 AM EST
One of the highlights of "The Blacklist" Season 1 has been the mystery surrounding Red and Liz's relationship. Red refused to tell anyone, including Liz, how he and Liz are related. The upcoming Season 2 will continue to explore Red and Liz's relationship.
Speaking to Gold Derby about Red and Liz, Megan Boone, who plays Liz in the show, said "they are both kind of linked, for better or worse and I think when we leave season one it's for worse. He's someone she can't trust but he seems to have a deep undying love for her that she can't justify or understand. That's where we leave them in season one."
Talking about how the relationship between the two will evolve, Boone said that she thinks that Red and Liz's story is a love story because Liz is "so alone and so ambiguous as a human being there's something in the audience that wants her to find a place and find a person that she can rely on."
"So I think the payoff, and the only payoff you could see is that she ends up finding that person," she added. Boone considers Red a "really positive thing" for her character. She said that "even the pain he's put her through opens her eyes to the truth."
" ... what Red represents in her life is the ultimate challenge and on the other side of each little challenge in the Reddington obstacle course is a new gift, a new answer and revelation for Lizzie."
Meanwhile, Mike Ostrowski has inked a deal with Sony, according to Deadline.com. He will be joining "The Blacklist" for Season 2 as a co-executive producer. Deadline reports that Ostrowski's series credits include popular shows such as "CSI: Miami," "Jericho," "Private Practice," "Human Target" and "Being Human."
Amir Arison, who plays Aram, the tech guy at the FBI, has been promoted as a series regular for the upcoming season.
"The Blacklist" is scheduled to return on September 22, 2014 for Season 2. The first season of the show wrapped-up with the revelation that it was to take on Berlin and to find out his identity that Red surrendered to FBI in the pilot episode. Berlin is set to return as the main antagonist in Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS