The Blacklist Season 2 Update: Boone Says Red, Liz Relationship a Love Story
By Anshu Shrivastava | June 30, 2014 11:58 AM EST
One of the highlights of "The Blacklist" Season 1 has been the mystery surrounding Red and Liz's relationship. Red refused to tell anyone, including Liz, how he and Liz are related. The upcoming Season 2 will continue to explore Red and Liz's relationship.
Speaking to Gold Derby about Red and Liz, Megan Boone, who plays Liz in the show, said "they are both kind of linked, for better or worse and I think when we leave season one it's for worse. He's someone she can't trust but he seems to have a deep undying love for her that she can't justify or understand. That's where we leave them in season one."
Talking about how the relationship between the two will evolve, Boone said that she thinks that Red and Liz's story is a love story because Liz is "so alone and so ambiguous as a human being there's something in the audience that wants her to find a place and find a person that she can rely on."
"So I think the payoff, and the only payoff you could see is that she ends up finding that person," she added. Boone considers Red a "really positive thing" for her character. She said that "even the pain he's put her through opens her eyes to the truth."
" ... what Red represents in her life is the ultimate challenge and on the other side of each little challenge in the Reddington obstacle course is a new gift, a new answer and revelation for Lizzie."
Meanwhile, Mike Ostrowski has inked a deal with Sony, according to Deadline.com. He will be joining "The Blacklist" for Season 2 as a co-executive producer. Deadline reports that Ostrowski's series credits include popular shows such as "CSI: Miami," "Jericho," "Private Practice," "Human Target" and "Being Human."
Amir Arison, who plays Aram, the tech guy at the FBI, has been promoted as a series regular for the upcoming season.
"The Blacklist" is scheduled to return on September 22, 2014 for Season 2. The first season of the show wrapped-up with the revelation that it was to take on Berlin and to find out his identity that Red surrendered to FBI in the pilot episode. Berlin is set to return as the main antagonist in Season 2.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown