‘The Voice Kids Australia’ Coaches Face Tough Question: Do You Believe in Santa Clause?
By Anne Lu | June 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
“The Voice Kids Australia” coaches Joel and Benji Madden, Delta Goodrem and Mel B had to answer a tough question from a kid before they chosen. All four answered yes to the question “Do you believe in Santa Claus?” before 10-year-old Olivia picked one of them.
The adorable Melbournian gave a powerful version of Katy Perry’s “Roar” on Sunday’s episode, which prompted all judges to turn their chairs for her.
But while the Maddens, Delta and Mel delivered convincing pitches, Olivia didn’t appear to be interested in flowery words. Instead, she got right to the most pressing question in her mind.
“Do you believe in Santa Clause?”
All adult coaches declared their faith on the old bearded man at the North Pole, which didn’t make Olivia’s choices easier. Nevertheless, she still went with Delta because that’s what her gut said, “or heart or whatever it’s called.”
The talent show might have just found Australia’s new Cody Simpson in the person of 13-year-old Ethan, whose rendition of Ed Sheeran’s “Give Me Love” had coaches Joel and Benji and Delta all rooting for him.
It took a long while for the coaches to turn, though, while Mel opted not to press her button. The Madden twins and Delta were glad that they turned their seats when they saw what’s in front of them.
“Very handsome and you have a beautiful voice,” Delta told Ethan, trying to coax him into joining her team.
Joel tried to lure Ethan to their team, telling him that he saw himself in Ethan when he first talked to a woman like Delta, but Ethan still went with the Australian songstress.
That’s okay, though, because the Maddens was still able to sign 13-year-old Imogen to their team.
Imogen sang Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good,” and just made all coaches feel good with her powerful voice.
It wasn’t a hard sell for the Good Charlotte rockers. They had told Imogen that they weren’t sure if they could still teach her anything, but the young aspiring singer still thought that Joel and Benji would be the best coaches for her.
Lenisa, 11, also ended up with Joel and Benji after impressing the coaches with her “A Whole New World” rendition.
Another hopeful was able to pass through the second episode of blind audition after singing a Disney song. Eight-year-old Elina performed “Part of Your World” on stage, joined Delta’s team.
READ: ‘The Voice Kids Australia’ First Episode Recap
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
- Dwyane Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare Stoudemire Among Worst Contracts In The NBA (Part 2 - Eastern Conference)
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Shocking Inside Stories Of Prince Charles and Princess Diana Revealed By Former Press Officer
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Spoilers: Queen Elsa Of 'Frozen' May Not Be The Big Villain (Premiere Date In A Week's Time)
- Another Celebrity Nude Photo Leak: Naked Pics Of Liam Payne And Kim Kardashian Uploaded Online
- Madonna Posts Video Of Son Hailed As Possibly The Next Dancing Prodigy
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- New Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and Galaxy S5 Android 5.0 L Killer Features, Encryption and More
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Nexus 8, Nexus 9 Release Date, Device Name And Price Conundrum: What To Expect?
- New Zealand Could Be Next ISIS Target After Australia Beheading Plot, Says Expert
- China Is Also Seizing Disputed Land Along Indian Border
- Xiaomi Mi4 v. Moto X (2014) – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown