‘The Voice Kids Australia’ Coaches Face Tough Question: Do You Believe in Santa Clause?
By Anne Lu | June 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
“The Voice Kids Australia” coaches Joel and Benji Madden, Delta Goodrem and Mel B had to answer a tough question from a kid before they chosen. All four answered yes to the question “Do you believe in Santa Claus?” before 10-year-old Olivia picked one of them.
The adorable Melbournian gave a powerful version of Katy Perry’s “Roar” on Sunday’s episode, which prompted all judges to turn their chairs for her.
But while the Maddens, Delta and Mel delivered convincing pitches, Olivia didn’t appear to be interested in flowery words. Instead, she got right to the most pressing question in her mind.
“Do you believe in Santa Clause?”
All adult coaches declared their faith on the old bearded man at the North Pole, which didn’t make Olivia’s choices easier. Nevertheless, she still went with Delta because that’s what her gut said, “or heart or whatever it’s called.”
The talent show might have just found Australia’s new Cody Simpson in the person of 13-year-old Ethan, whose rendition of Ed Sheeran’s “Give Me Love” had coaches Joel and Benji and Delta all rooting for him.
It took a long while for the coaches to turn, though, while Mel opted not to press her button. The Madden twins and Delta were glad that they turned their seats when they saw what’s in front of them.
“Very handsome and you have a beautiful voice,” Delta told Ethan, trying to coax him into joining her team.
Joel tried to lure Ethan to their team, telling him that he saw himself in Ethan when he first talked to a woman like Delta, but Ethan still went with the Australian songstress.
That’s okay, though, because the Maddens was still able to sign 13-year-old Imogen to their team.
Imogen sang Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good,” and just made all coaches feel good with her powerful voice.
It wasn’t a hard sell for the Good Charlotte rockers. They had told Imogen that they weren’t sure if they could still teach her anything, but the young aspiring singer still thought that Joel and Benji would be the best coaches for her.
Lenisa, 11, also ended up with Joel and Benji after impressing the coaches with her “A Whole New World” rendition.
Another hopeful was able to pass through the second episode of blind audition after singing a Disney song. Eight-year-old Elina performed “Part of Your World” on stage, joined Delta’s team.
READ: ‘The Voice Kids Australia’ First Episode Recap
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Han Solo's Super Star Destroyer, Costumes And Weapons
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' : Wolverine's Costume's Leaked Image Hints to Traditional Look, Hugh Jackman to Play the Character Till Scripts Excite Him
- ‘Star Wars: Episode VII’: Tatooine Set Leaked, Reveals Tusken Raiders Huts
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Nexus 6 Release Date Dilemma with Motorola Shamu Details Pointing to Better Smartphone and Killer Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015