‘The Voice Kids Australia’ Coaches Face Tough Question: Do You Believe in Santa Clause?
By Anne Lu | June 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
“The Voice Kids Australia” coaches Joel and Benji Madden, Delta Goodrem and Mel B had to answer a tough question from a kid before they chosen. All four answered yes to the question “Do you believe in Santa Claus?” before 10-year-old Olivia picked one of them.
The adorable Melbournian gave a powerful version of Katy Perry’s “Roar” on Sunday’s episode, which prompted all judges to turn their chairs for her.
But while the Maddens, Delta and Mel delivered convincing pitches, Olivia didn’t appear to be interested in flowery words. Instead, she got right to the most pressing question in her mind.
“Do you believe in Santa Clause?”
All adult coaches declared their faith on the old bearded man at the North Pole, which didn’t make Olivia’s choices easier. Nevertheless, she still went with Delta because that’s what her gut said, “or heart or whatever it’s called.”
The talent show might have just found Australia’s new Cody Simpson in the person of 13-year-old Ethan, whose rendition of Ed Sheeran’s “Give Me Love” had coaches Joel and Benji and Delta all rooting for him.
It took a long while for the coaches to turn, though, while Mel opted not to press her button. The Madden twins and Delta were glad that they turned their seats when they saw what’s in front of them.
“Very handsome and you have a beautiful voice,” Delta told Ethan, trying to coax him into joining her team.
Joel tried to lure Ethan to their team, telling him that he saw himself in Ethan when he first talked to a woman like Delta, but Ethan still went with the Australian songstress.
That’s okay, though, because the Maddens was still able to sign 13-year-old Imogen to their team.
Imogen sang Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good,” and just made all coaches feel good with her powerful voice.
It wasn’t a hard sell for the Good Charlotte rockers. They had told Imogen that they weren’t sure if they could still teach her anything, but the young aspiring singer still thought that Joel and Benji would be the best coaches for her.
Lenisa, 11, also ended up with Joel and Benji after impressing the coaches with her “A Whole New World” rendition.
Another hopeful was able to pass through the second episode of blind audition after singing a Disney song. Eight-year-old Elina performed “Part of Your World” on stage, joined Delta’s team.
READ: ‘The Voice Kids Australia’ First Episode Recap
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier