‘The Voice Kids Australia’ Coaches Face Tough Question: Do You Believe in Santa Clause?
By Anne Lu | June 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
“The Voice Kids Australia” coaches Joel and Benji Madden, Delta Goodrem and Mel B had to answer a tough question from a kid before they chosen. All four answered yes to the question “Do you believe in Santa Claus?” before 10-year-old Olivia picked one of them.
The adorable Melbournian gave a powerful version of Katy Perry’s “Roar” on Sunday’s episode, which prompted all judges to turn their chairs for her.
But while the Maddens, Delta and Mel delivered convincing pitches, Olivia didn’t appear to be interested in flowery words. Instead, she got right to the most pressing question in her mind.
“Do you believe in Santa Clause?”
All adult coaches declared their faith on the old bearded man at the North Pole, which didn’t make Olivia’s choices easier. Nevertheless, she still went with Delta because that’s what her gut said, “or heart or whatever it’s called.”
The talent show might have just found Australia’s new Cody Simpson in the person of 13-year-old Ethan, whose rendition of Ed Sheeran’s “Give Me Love” had coaches Joel and Benji and Delta all rooting for him.
It took a long while for the coaches to turn, though, while Mel opted not to press her button. The Madden twins and Delta were glad that they turned their seats when they saw what’s in front of them.
“Very handsome and you have a beautiful voice,” Delta told Ethan, trying to coax him into joining her team.
Joel tried to lure Ethan to their team, telling him that he saw himself in Ethan when he first talked to a woman like Delta, but Ethan still went with the Australian songstress.
That’s okay, though, because the Maddens was still able to sign 13-year-old Imogen to their team.
Imogen sang Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good,” and just made all coaches feel good with her powerful voice.
It wasn’t a hard sell for the Good Charlotte rockers. They had told Imogen that they weren’t sure if they could still teach her anything, but the young aspiring singer still thought that Joel and Benji would be the best coaches for her.
Lenisa, 11, also ended up with Joel and Benji after impressing the coaches with her “A Whole New World” rendition.
Another hopeful was able to pass through the second episode of blind audition after singing a Disney song. Eight-year-old Elina performed “Part of Your World” on stage, joined Delta’s team.
READ: ‘The Voice Kids Australia’ First Episode Recap
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 26 Spoilers: Victoria Finds Who The Father Of Her Child Is And Jack And Phyllis Rekindle Romance
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'Glee' Season 6 Spoilers, Air Date: Naya Rivera Teases Wedding In Final Chapter, Lea Michele Tweets 700th Song Number
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft