‘The Voice Kids Australia’ Coaches Face Tough Question: Do You Believe in Santa Clause?
By Anne Lu | June 30, 2014 11:50 AM EST
“The Voice Kids Australia” coaches Joel and Benji Madden, Delta Goodrem and Mel B had to answer a tough question from a kid before they chosen. All four answered yes to the question “Do you believe in Santa Claus?” before 10-year-old Olivia picked one of them.
The adorable Melbournian gave a powerful version of Katy Perry’s “Roar” on Sunday’s episode, which prompted all judges to turn their chairs for her.
But while the Maddens, Delta and Mel delivered convincing pitches, Olivia didn’t appear to be interested in flowery words. Instead, she got right to the most pressing question in her mind.
“Do you believe in Santa Clause?”
All adult coaches declared their faith on the old bearded man at the North Pole, which didn’t make Olivia’s choices easier. Nevertheless, she still went with Delta because that’s what her gut said, “or heart or whatever it’s called.”
The talent show might have just found Australia’s new Cody Simpson in the person of 13-year-old Ethan, whose rendition of Ed Sheeran’s “Give Me Love” had coaches Joel and Benji and Delta all rooting for him.
It took a long while for the coaches to turn, though, while Mel opted not to press her button. The Madden twins and Delta were glad that they turned their seats when they saw what’s in front of them.
“Very handsome and you have a beautiful voice,” Delta told Ethan, trying to coax him into joining her team.
Joel tried to lure Ethan to their team, telling him that he saw himself in Ethan when he first talked to a woman like Delta, but Ethan still went with the Australian songstress.
That’s okay, though, because the Maddens was still able to sign 13-year-old Imogen to their team.
Imogen sang Nina Simone’s “Feeling Good,” and just made all coaches feel good with her powerful voice.
It wasn’t a hard sell for the Good Charlotte rockers. They had told Imogen that they weren’t sure if they could still teach her anything, but the young aspiring singer still thought that Joel and Benji would be the best coaches for her.
Lenisa, 11, also ended up with Joel and Benji after impressing the coaches with her “A Whole New World” rendition.
Another hopeful was able to pass through the second episode of blind audition after singing a Disney song. Eight-year-old Elina performed “Part of Your World” on stage, joined Delta’s team.
READ: ‘The Voice Kids Australia’ First Episode Recap
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- What Happens When You Give Up Sex For 12 Months? – Dialogue With Peter Lynagh – Exclusive
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Captain America 3’: Red Skull Returns, Greater Villains Added
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display