Power (Play) Failure: Brooklyn Nets to Fire Jason Kidd, Milwaukee Bucks Interested
By James Patrick Quizon | June 30, 2014 10:25 AM EST
Jason Kidd was known for his great vision when he was still playing in the NBA. He lacked foresight as a head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
One of Kidd’s demands in the offseason was for him to have a dual role of general manager-head coach; the greed and “power play” will now most likely cost him his current job as the Nets have also allowed the Milwaukee Bucks to interview Kidd—a sure sign that indeed he’s on his way out of Brooklyn.
It was just one of the many supposed transgressions by Kidd in Brooklyn. Throughout the Nets up-and-down season, controversies like the one involving assistant Lawrence Frank, who was eventually demoted to the
"Nothing was ever good enough for Jason," according to an article on ESPN.COM. "He always had to be appeased on personnel, and he would play Monday morning quarterback if it didn't work out. It was like a kid constantly asking for new toys to stay happy. ... If he doesn't get what he wants he sits in the corner and sucks his thumb and pouts until he gets it, and he doesn't care about the consequences."
Kidd delivered the Nets to a postseason slot but was never considered serious East contenders. They beat the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the first round but faltered in the next round against the Miami Heat losing in just five games.
With an uncertain future in Brooklyn, Kidd is now looking at the Bucks franchise where he can continue his power play.
The Nets reportedly want a first-rounder from the Bucks but the latter will only offer a second-rounder for Kidd’s services. Brooklyn has also started their own coaching search and according to reports, Lionell Holllins, formerly of the Memphis Grizzlies, is one of the early frontrunners.
Where will Kidd land? And will he continue to clash heads with his bosses wherever he coaches?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao KO Of Chris Algieri Will ‘Shut Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr. Declares Freddie Roach
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery