Power (Play) Failure: Brooklyn Nets to Fire Jason Kidd, Milwaukee Bucks Interested
By James Patrick Quizon | June 30, 2014 10:25 AM EST
Jason Kidd was known for his great vision when he was still playing in the NBA. He lacked foresight as a head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
One of Kidd’s demands in the offseason was for him to have a dual role of general manager-head coach; the greed and “power play” will now most likely cost him his current job as the Nets have also allowed the Milwaukee Bucks to interview Kidd—a sure sign that indeed he’s on his way out of Brooklyn.
It was just one of the many supposed transgressions by Kidd in Brooklyn. Throughout the Nets up-and-down season, controversies like the one involving assistant Lawrence Frank, who was eventually demoted to the
"Nothing was ever good enough for Jason," according to an article on ESPN.COM. "He always had to be appeased on personnel, and he would play Monday morning quarterback if it didn't work out. It was like a kid constantly asking for new toys to stay happy. ... If he doesn't get what he wants he sits in the corner and sucks his thumb and pouts until he gets it, and he doesn't care about the consequences."
Kidd delivered the Nets to a postseason slot but was never considered serious East contenders. They beat the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the first round but faltered in the next round against the Miami Heat losing in just five games.
With an uncertain future in Brooklyn, Kidd is now looking at the Bucks franchise where he can continue his power play.
The Nets reportedly want a first-rounder from the Bucks but the latter will only offer a second-rounder for Kidd’s services. Brooklyn has also started their own coaching search and according to reports, Lionell Holllins, formerly of the Memphis Grizzlies, is one of the early frontrunners.
Where will Kidd land? And will he continue to clash heads with his bosses wherever he coaches?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28