Power (Play) Failure: Brooklyn Nets to Fire Jason Kidd, Milwaukee Bucks Interested
By James Patrick Quizon | June 30, 2014 10:25 AM EST
Jason Kidd was known for his great vision when he was still playing in the NBA. He lacked foresight as a head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
One of Kidd’s demands in the offseason was for him to have a dual role of general manager-head coach; the greed and “power play” will now most likely cost him his current job as the Nets have also allowed the Milwaukee Bucks to interview Kidd—a sure sign that indeed he’s on his way out of Brooklyn.
It was just one of the many supposed transgressions by Kidd in Brooklyn. Throughout the Nets up-and-down season, controversies like the one involving assistant Lawrence Frank, who was eventually demoted to the
"Nothing was ever good enough for Jason," according to an article on ESPN.COM. "He always had to be appeased on personnel, and he would play Monday morning quarterback if it didn't work out. It was like a kid constantly asking for new toys to stay happy. ... If he doesn't get what he wants he sits in the corner and sucks his thumb and pouts until he gets it, and he doesn't care about the consequences."
Kidd delivered the Nets to a postseason slot but was never considered serious East contenders. They beat the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the first round but faltered in the next round against the Miami Heat losing in just five games.
With an uncertain future in Brooklyn, Kidd is now looking at the Bucks franchise where he can continue his power play.
The Nets reportedly want a first-rounder from the Bucks but the latter will only offer a second-rounder for Kidd’s services. Brooklyn has also started their own coaching search and according to reports, Lionell Holllins, formerly of the Memphis Grizzlies, is one of the early frontrunners.
Where will Kidd land? And will he continue to clash heads with his bosses wherever he coaches?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date