Power (Play) Failure: Brooklyn Nets to Fire Jason Kidd, Milwaukee Bucks Interested
By James Patrick Quizon | June 30, 2014 10:25 AM EST
Jason Kidd was known for his great vision when he was still playing in the NBA. He lacked foresight as a head coach of the Brooklyn Nets.
NBA: Playoffs-Brooklyn Nets at Toronto Raptors
One of Kidd’s demands in the offseason was for him to have a dual role of general manager-head coach; the greed and “power play” will now most likely cost him his current job as the Nets have also allowed the Milwaukee Bucks to interview Kidd—a sure sign that indeed he’s on his way out of Brooklyn.
It was just one of the many supposed transgressions by Kidd in Brooklyn. Throughout the Nets up-and-down season, controversies like the one involving assistant Lawrence Frank, who was eventually demoted to the
"Nothing was ever good enough for Jason," according to an article on ESPN.COM. "He always had to be appeased on personnel, and he would play Monday morning quarterback if it didn't work out. It was like a kid constantly asking for new toys to stay happy. ... If he doesn't get what he wants he sits in the corner and sucks his thumb and pouts until he gets it, and he doesn't care about the consequences."
Kidd delivered the Nets to a postseason slot but was never considered serious East contenders. They beat the Toronto Raptors in seven games in the first round but faltered in the next round against the Miami Heat losing in just five games.
With an uncertain future in Brooklyn, Kidd is now looking at the Bucks franchise where he can continue his power play.
The Nets reportedly want a first-rounder from the Bucks but the latter will only offer a second-rounder for Kidd’s services. Brooklyn has also started their own coaching search and according to reports, Lionell Holllins, formerly of the Memphis Grizzlies, is one of the early frontrunners.
Where will Kidd land? And will he continue to clash heads with his bosses wherever he coaches?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Tony Stewart Reveals Retirement Not In Options, Reflects On His Life After the Fatal Crash
- Sugar Ray Leonard Adds Fuel To Pacquiao-Mayweather Clamour
- WWE Update: Bray Wyatt’s Twitter Post Hints Upcoming Fight With Sting [VIDEO]
- Rafael Nadal Gives Li Na Flowers, A Teary Farewell At Beijing China Open
- Muslim NFL Player Husain Abdullah Penalised For Praying After Touchdown
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money