Ashley Tisdale Stars as Lesbian Editor in Own Co-Produced Show, Locks Lips with Emily Osment
By Annie Dee | June 30, 2014 10:16 AM EST
Even as an executive producer, Ashley Tisdale is unafraid of getting her hands dirty. Not that acting on her own show is not fun for the young actress, who is most noted for her role as Sharpay in the "High School Musical" franchise. According to Contact Music, Ashley Tisdale jumped at the opportunity to show her acting chops and kissing talents by playing a tattooed lesbian magazine editor in the US TV series she is currently co-producing, "Young & Hungry."
Cast member Ashley Tisdale poses at the premiere of the movie ''High School Musical 3: Senior Year'' at Galen Center in Los Angeles October 16, 2008.
According to Contact Music, when the script called for someone to lock lips with Emily Osment, former "Hannah Montana" sidekick and the star of this show, Tisdale herself volunteered.
"I did a guest appearance, it's actually on July 9th... It was really fun... It's a really great role, something I've never done before. I play an editor of a magazine and I take a real big liking to Gabby, which is (played by) Emily - a real big liking to her," stated Tisdale.
It's not the first time she kissed a girl for a role however.
"I did it in another movie. I had experience... but when me and Emily had to do it, we've known each other for so long so it was like, 'This is going to be so awkward!' "Emily went for it... and I was like, 'Woah!' When we came out of it, I said, 'That was pretty good,'" shared Ashley. Looks like Ashley Tisdale had a Katy Perry moment - she kissed a girl and she liked it.
Ashley's new sitcom, "Young and Hungry" stars Emily Osment and its' pilot episode on June 25. It was able to draw a reasonable and satisfactory rating of 1.09 US viewers on its premiere. Ashley, as the co-executive producer of the show, threw a viewing party at her home.
The ABC show, which has had a series order, tells the story of a well-off young tech entrepreneur who hires who recruited a feisty young blogger to serve as his personal chef.
Aside from being busy with her producer role, Ashley is currently busy with her wedding preparations. While the date is still not yet confirmed, reports claimed that it is going to happen sooner than later, Mail Online UK reports.
In addition, Mail Online UK also reports that Ashely had been busy with the upcoming show "Buzzy's," which follows a group of people who end up working in the same Boston barber shop after graduating from the same high school.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- ‘Star Wars: Episode 7’ Jungle Stormtroopers On Rampage – Leaked Images [Spoilers]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Oct. 27-31, 2014: As Halloween Draws Near, Forrester Creations Will Reel From Eric's Shocking Decision And The Rest Will Scramble To Make Their Plans Successful [WATCH VIDEO]
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS