How to Uninstall Android Apps
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 30, 2014 10:13 AM EST
A Google Android figurine sits on the welcome desk as employee Tracy McNeilly smiles at the new Google office in Toronto, November 13, 2012.
Be it a video or NFL app, or those MyATT or AT&T Navigation apps, people want them gone. Majority of U.S. carriers add "bloatware" apps, which can't be uninstalled. That might be the most convenient way, but it's not really the best. Basically, anything you download may be uninstalled. Here are the steps that will guide users on how to uninstall Android apps.
How to Uninstall Android App Step-by-Step Instructions
Uninstalling apps will be the first goal, maybe many of your apps installed on your Android smartphone or tablet is not useful already and you'd just like them gone. The first step is not the quickest, but it's the most efficient in the long-term.
1 - Go to Settings by looking for the gear-shaped icon in notification bar, app tray or by going to Menu and choosing settings.
2 - Look for "Apps" or "Applications" then select it.
3 - There you can see downloaded, all, downloaded and disabled options available. Be careful not to uninstall apps from the running tab, because it may cause problems with your device. Instead focus on downloaded.
4 - Now choose the app that you wish to uninstall. Basically, the best way to uninstall the app is to choose the app and make sure to tap on clear cache and the clear data buttons, afterwards, tap uninstall button to finish.
After following the steps on how to uninstall Android apps, that it will uninstall the app you chose, and you are done. The app is now gone forever and the clear cache and data is not needed already. But you can still use this option to remove tiny bits of data that are left behind once the app has been completely deleted. This final step can leave your device clean and running seamlessly.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide